Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Disappearing Keyboard

I've noticed a minor glitch that isn't too big of a deal, but it can get a little annoying sometimes. I noticed that sometimes when I'm texting, the keyboard will just disappear on it's own - mostly it's when I hit the space bar between words, it'll hide the keyboard and I'll have to re-hit the input area to bring it back up. Usually I'm typing so fast that by the time I realize the keyboard is hidden I've already tapped the screen a few times and tapped a message, clicked on "lock message" or some other random message option. I know I'm not accidentally hitting the "hide keyboard" button on the far left corner because I always hit the space bar with my right thumb, and that's a bit too off location to hit that corner with my right thumb instead of the space bar. Has anyone else noticed this glitch? It doesn't happen all the time.

251 Posts
    Rooted stock GS4 ROM

That's one of the reasons why I use the Swiftkey X keyboard. I highly recommend it for both your Vivid and any tablet you may have. I use the tablet version on my Transformer Prime.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Disappearing Keyboard

Thanks for the recommendation, I just downloaded the trial so I'll give it a try before deciding to buy it.