Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By OperationA7X
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy Vivid sound notification issue

I'm almost positive that I read somewhere on the forums regarding the issue I'm referring to; but I can't find it. So...sorry if this winds up being a duplicated post.

I have been having an issue with my sound notification/ringtones. The issue isn't choosey either...because it happens with the sms, phone calls...you name it. It does it kind of randomly as well. Like...everything was all good yesterday...but today...I heard a sound I had never heard before and I was like...huh? I rebooted and it was fine.

I in fact reboot my phone pretty regularly. Sometimes the photos on my people profiles disappears. Reboot - hello..it's back.

Anyone else having this issue? If so....is there a setting that needs fixed or are we pretty much screwed?

Default Re: Vivid sound notification issue

i had that issue before the ICS update . i would have to keep restarting my phone all the time. i never had the issue after the update tho.

I bought my vivid stock with ICS, and now mine is doing the same thing only it never vibrates or plays the ringtone unless its a call, Idk wat to do about it but I'm new here, can u please tell me how to start a nee thread? I have a few questions and I can't figure out! Lol

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

It is a bug, and it was quite annoying. Go under Sound in the settings and MANUALLY choose which sound profile you want. It was annoying. Good thing there are custom ROMs out there!

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums
    Sent from my HTC DROID Vivid Ultra BoRKeD using Android Central Forums.

I've recently been having an issue where Facebook fails to authenticate after about 3 hours. Until I log back in manually, all of my contacts linked to FB lose all info pulled from FB - Including contact photos. If your contact images are from a linked source, they would similarly fall off if that linked connection fails.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by sweetypie31 View Post
    i had that issue before the ICS update . i would have to keep restarting my phone all the time. i never had the issue after the update tho.
    Same here. After ICS all my sound problems went away.

Quote Originally Posted by apoc53 View Post
    I've recently been having an issue where Facebook fails to authenticate after about 3 hours. Until I log back in manually, all of my contacts linked to FB lose all info pulled from FB - Including contact photos. If your contact images are from a linked source, they would similarly fall off if that linked connection fails.

I had that problem for a couple of weeks. It went away after I uninstalled and reinstalled FB. It was so annoying, because when I would log in again to authenticate, my FB sound would change.

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

Well, a reboot did it too. I was/am tired of it. It's obviously a Sense issue, because other ROMs work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by rcalderaro View Post
    I had that problem for a couple of weeks. It went away after I uninstalled and reinstalled FB. It was so annoying, because when I would log in again to authenticate, my FB sound would change.
    Apparently this only worked for a little while, because I'm back to having to authenticate Sense with FB. Plus, now all of a sudden, my notification sound that I have set for FB doesn't work, It just vibrates. It worked this morning but just suddenly stopped (after the new FB update). I even rebooted and nothing (except for having to re-authenticate FB with Sense).

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

Quote Originally Posted by rcalderaro View Post
    Apparently this only worked for a little while, because I'm back to having to authenticate Sense with FB. Plus, now all of a sudden, my notification sound that I have set for FB doesn't work, It just vibrates. It worked this morning but just suddenly stopped (after the new FB update). I even rebooted and nothing (except for having to re-authenticate FB with Sense).
    The Facebook for HTC on the Vivid was/is buggy too. :-/

If it helps with Facebook, I was having the same issues with Facebook losing authentication and stuff. Rebooting wouldn't really work. So what I did was uninstall all the updates from Facebook and now even though it's running an earlier version of the app it is much more stable.

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

Quote Originally Posted by Patton12 View Post
    If it helps with Facebook, I was having the same issues with Facebook losing authentication and stuff. Rebooting wouldn't really work. So what I did was uninstall all the updates from Facebook and now even though it's running an earlier version of the app it is much more stable.
    Of course, what works, don't fix.

Patton12 likes this.

With a rooted phone, you can disable the Facebook for HTC add-on. I did so, and now my FB stays authenticated AND I can get the latest updates for FaceBook.

Definitely stay away from the latest FB app update. Notification sounds disappear. Oddly they changed the default from 'silent' and now no sound worked for me; I'm not alone in that either. Garbage.

--------------------------------------
    Nexus 5
    Nexus 7 2013

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

If any of this helps, I just removed Faceboot for HTC Sense and Facebook and there is no crashing, so...there you go.