Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bruce7373
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC Sync questions..

HELP....How do I transfer all my contacts and photos to my computer from my phone ?? Thanks a bunch

Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

Default Re: HTC Sync questions..

Download Syncmate to your computer. It should already be on your Vivid. Just follow the steps, and all your contacts and calendars will sync on your computer and your phone.
    Give yourself, to the Dark Side!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Question Re: HTC Sync questions..

Thank you so much, but when I googled it they were all for mac and I have a PC ...any suggestions ??
    Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by LindsayPollard86 View Post
    Thank you so much, but when I googled it they were all for mac and I have a PC ...any suggestions ??
    First step, download and install HTC Sync (HTC Help Center). I find HTC sync to be a pain, but installing it is the easiest way to get the necessary drivers onto your PC. Then install MyPhoneExplorer. You also need to install it on your phone via Google Play. To tricks to getting the MPE on your phone and PC to talk: 1) put the phone in charge only mode and 2) set settings>develop option>USB debugging to ON (checked). You'll also need go into the settings on MPE to tell it what you want to sync. With flexibility come configuration hassles. HTH.

If you can sync via wifi or BT, you don't need HTC Sync to use MPE, AFAIK. Even with the newest drivers, HTC Sync is a real PITA , lol.

Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by bruce7373 View Post
    If you can sync via wifi or BT, you don't need HTC Sync to use MPE, AFAIK. Even with the newest drivers, HTC Sync is a real PITA , lol.
    I've never had a problem with HTC Sync. It also gives me a nice back-up. My Vivid plays nice with my MacBook Pro, and that's all that i care about. I guess that whatever works for you is good.
    Give yourself, to the Dark Side!

Quote Originally Posted by grunt0300 View Post
    I've never had a problem with HTC Sync. It also gives me a nice back-up. My Vivid plays nice with my MacBook Pro, and that's all that i care about. I guess that whatever works for you is good.
    Maybe because you're syncing with a Mac. With my Win 7 desktop, half the time my phone wouldn't recognize that HTC Sync was installed on the PC. That's why I went with MPE. But you're right -- whatever works! ;-)
    grunt0300 likes this.