HTC Sync questions..

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Download Syncmate to your computer. It should already be on your Vivid. Just follow the steps, and all your contacts and calendars will sync on your computer and your phone.:)

dougsorensen

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Thank you so much, but when I googled it they were all for mac and I have a PC ...any suggestions ??

First step, download and install HTC Sync (HTC Help Center). I find HTC sync to be a pain, but installing it is the easiest way to get the necessary drivers onto your PC. Then install MyPhoneExplorer. You also need to install it on your phone via Google Play. To tricks to getting the MPE on your phone and PC to talk: 1) put the phone in charge only mode and 2) set settings>develop option>USB debugging to ON (checked). You'll also need go into the settings on MPE to tell it what you want to sync. With flexibility come configuration hassles. HTH.

bruce7373

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
If you can sync via wifi or BT, you don't need HTC Sync to use MPE, AFAIK. Even with the newest drivers, HTC Sync is a real PITA , lol.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
If you can sync via wifi or BT, you don't need HTC Sync to use MPE, AFAIK. Even with the newest drivers, HTC Sync is a real PITA , lol.

I've never had a problem with HTC Sync. It also gives me a nice back-up. My Vivid plays nice with my MacBook Pro, and that's all that i care about. I guess that whatever works for you is good.:D

bruce7373

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I've never had a problem with HTC Sync. It also gives me a nice back-up. My Vivid plays nice with my MacBook Pro, and that's all that i care about. I guess that whatever works for you is good.:D

Maybe because you're syncing with a Mac. With my Win 7 desktop, half the time my phone wouldn't recognize that HTC Sync was installed on the PC. That's why I went with MPE. But you're right -- whatever works! ;-)