Not updating to ICS?

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I I just got my vivid today and when I went to to check the system software it said it was still running 2.3.4 but when i checked for software update via wifi connection, it said it was up to date? Can anyone help?

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Try turning off wifi and then check for updates using AT&T network. I know it sounds stupid but it worked on my Motorola phones.

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I went to the AT&T Store and asked if they could help and the guy told me that it was already running the newest software and I would have to wait. I told him that ICS was already avaliable on the Vivid and he told me it wasn't. I then explained to him how even their floor model Vivid was running ICS.

Shadowtc

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Go to the HTC website that should have some kind of update tool and you can update from their if you can from your phone via OTA

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

apoc53

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
You may be better off without ICS - since I updated, I've had problems all over. WiFi randomly turns itself off, mobile data randomly turns itself on, NetFlix can only play videos at maximum dim, the home row buttons (home,back, search, etc) randomly turn off, making it almost impossible to use the phone in the dark, "Android is upgrading, optimizing x apps" on boot (making a reboot last up to 10 minutes)... No settings in the menu to cover any of this behavior. Yes, I miss 2.3.4, when things just worked and I LOVED my Vivid.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly Ryan