HTC splash screen

Lagunaguitar

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
hello all, i just got an HTC vivd today! before this i had an Inspire. i am very happy with it, having all the updates to the newest software completed. i have decided not to root right now, because i have a mac and i dont want to go through too much work.

anyways, when browsing twitter or using any other app, after hitting the home button it displays an HTC splash screen for 1-3 seconds. this happens maybe 50% of the time. has anyone else experienced this? if i root could that change anything, or will i have to go to a new rom as well?

thank you all very much!

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Hi Yes I get this too, the creen goes black for a second then the HTC splash screen. I have really been disappointed in this phone, I can not hear it ring or message tones, it's way too low, and people always tell me they have a hard time hearing me, battery life is pretty bad also. Sorry didn't mean to rant but this phone should be better than it is. I just put it in a draw and use my GNexus now, I don't know what to do with my Vivid really wanted to like it and use it, the LTE speeds are great, signal is really good, just can't hear the Dam thing or have people hear me clearly, way past my 30 days, just use it as an emergency backup phone I guess :(

Lagunaguitar

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I would like to apologize for being a complete idiot. The first thing I should have done was restart the phone. After I finally became aware that i hadnt cycled the power since when I was in the At&T store this afternoon, i rebooted. the problem has appeared to go away. sorry for wasting the forum space for such an easy fix!

Stromtrooper

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi Yes I get this too, the creen goes black for a second then the HTC splash screen. I have really been disappointed in this phone, I can not hear it ring or message tones, it's way too low, and people always tell me they have a hard time hearing me, battery life is pretty bad also. Sorry didn't mean to rant but this phone should be better than it is. I just put it in a draw and use my GNexus now, I don't know what to do with my Vivid really wanted to like it and use it, the LTE speeds are great, signal is really good, just can't hear the Dam thing or have people hear me clearly, way past my 30 days, just use it as an emergency backup phone I guess :(

This is not a good testimonial to start my ownership of the Vivid on. I am switching from a Google Nexus 1 and hoping for a better device, but everything you claim to have problems with is exactly what I am hoping to avoid. I don't hear the N1 ring sometimes and have problems with people being able to hear me. Do I understand you to say that there is a 30 day grace period with this phone that I can switch it I am not happy? I will be watching that very very closely.

apoc53

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Conversely, I've had no such problems with the phone's core features. In fact, I thought it was perfect before I upgraded to ICS. Either ICS or Sense 3.6 has begun causing some glitchy behavior, but I can't say this is really a deal breaker... Just something to deal with.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Android Central Forums

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae