1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Front facing camera/skype or oovoo

I use my current iPhone for Skype and oovoo, and I was wondering if these applications are guaranteed to work on the htc vivid.

Global Posts
    4,273 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (4.3)

Default Re: Front facing camera/skype or oovoo

Skype works.

Skype has NEVER worked right for me since ICS upgrade. I see the other user just fine (though audio is delayed about 1 second), but they see me in monochrome green - there are different SHADES of green, but it's like the red and blue signals aren't being encapsulated. If your phone came with ICS installed, from what I've seen of my other issues after upgrade compared with other Vivid users, I don't think you'll have a problem with Skype.

Before the upgrade, Skype was great! The HD camera on the back gives beautiful quality video, and while the front camera is lower res, it's still good, and easy to switch which camera is active for the call.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Android Central Forums

I am not using oovo but as per the below thread it should work fine

Also below thread talks about the Skype issue also

I found in skyoe forum they are working for the fix its not released yet

in the below thread one user said he is using oovo, i believe it should work fine

Yup, I emailed HTC recently since Skype is pointing the finger at HTC, recommending I contact them instead & HTC responded on the 23rd of June:

"Dear Mr. Antonio,

I know how handy it is to keep in touch with your friends and I will be glad to help out. Although I don't have a specific ETA on the next firmware update for your device, the kind of driver update that the Skype admin was discussing would generally be part of a maintenance release. While we cannot guarantee compatibility with third party applications please keep an eye out in the future for updates as they are made available.

Thank you for being a part of the HTC community. I hope you are having a great weekend!

Let me know if I have successfully answered your question, please click here to complete this.

To send a reply to this message, please click here.

Sincerely,

Douglas

HTC

Want to see what others are saying? Have a question to ask other HTC fans?

Become a fan of HTC facebook.com/htc
    Follow us on Twitter twitter.com/htc
    Subscribe to our YouTube Channel youtube.com/htc

Explore our development resources developer.htc.com

We are unable to receive replies to this email account. Please visit us at htc.com if you have any questions or need further assistance."

In other words, no fix yet!!!

Global Posts
    4,273 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (4.3)

To be honest, this is the buggiest phone I've ever used in my life, so it doesn't surprise me that others are having issues with the ICS upgrade. I haven't used anything this buggy since the Vibrant on release (before any maintenance/OS updates) and this trumps that easily.

If you're in your 30 days save yourself the grief and bring it back and get something else. I love the camera, but it isn't worth the software woes this phone comes.

At this point I have little faith HTC or AT&T will prioritize putting out an update to fix those issues, and really there are so many issues that the phone will still be a complete PITA even if they fixed half of them.