Change my default gmail to yahoo?

daddy69

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know how to change the default email from gmail to yahoo? When I try to email a posting from craigslist the only email option I get is the gmail.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Android Central Forums

apoc53

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Try using the app called "Mail" - the Gmail app is just for Gmail

daddy69

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
I tried that but when try to send an email from the Craig's list it automatically goes to gmail. Thanks anyway.

apoc53

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Okay, try this, then-
From Mail, first make your Yahoo account active. Then press the "three lines" settings button. The lowest option should be "settings"; select that, then choose "general settings". There should be an option to set default account. Is that option enabled?

daddy69

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
No its darker then the other ones and won't let me Di anything to it.

apoc53

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
It's probably already the default account in Mail. Don't do anything else with that all for now - I don't use CraigsList, but for you, I looked up a personal in my browser and hit the email link. It pulled up in the Gmail app, which is no surprise as that app is my default association for email links. I'd bet on the ad I tested with that all you need to do is change your default association. Easy:

From the home screen, select the three-lines settings button, then hit "Settings". Find "App Associations", then change "Email - Compose (Gmail)" to "Mail". Try again and let me know.

daddy69

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I tried it but still comes up as gmail. If I rooted my phone would that change it?

apoc53

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to say, I'm at a loss at this point... All actions described above worked on my device, and the default app association stuck even after a reboot (this phone has a spotty record when it comes to retaining user-defined settings).

I wonder, does anyone else have any ideas here? You'll definately need someone else's input regarding rooting, since I haven't gone over that cliff yet.

Marisol R

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
I was having trouble too but I figured it out. Go to SETTINGS (from your homepage.. Not the app) then click on APPS.

once you are there, you will see all your apps (downloaded, running, etc) there should be 3 dots on the top right corner which leads to another 'settings'. Click on it and you will see the option Reset App Preferences. Click on that one and then click on Reset Apps... it should reset everything. It worked for me :)