System Apps Safe To Remove

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Anyone have questions about which apps to delete and which ones to leave alone, this is the place to be. Ask me, OperationA7X, I specialize in HTC, but I know my way around Motorola and others, or just post a question and others will answer!

Sent from my HTC Vivid WildChild Illuminati Series

KurtTX

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Well, I might have a question about the Battery Display app that comes with the phone. Not how much you've gone back to older posts, but I started this thread:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-vivid/181119-understanding-battery-display.html

I still don't understand what I'm looking at. I think it has something to do with the Android software programming.

If you have some thoughts on that thread, I'd appreciate you looking there and maybe posting your thoughts over there.

Thanks...Kurt

billssis

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Operation,
I had deleted some apps about a month ago, and now I can't see the notes I've typed in the Notes app that came with the phone. I'm sure I deleted some things I shouldn't have. What would you suggest I do? ~Thanks...
:p

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Operation,
I had deleted some apps about a month ago, and now I can't see the notes I've typed in the Notes app that came with the phone. I'm sure I deleted some things I shouldn't have. What would you suggest I do? ~Thanks...
:p

I would say flash the Gapps zip file for your OS just to be safe.

Sent from my De-Sensed HTC Vivid using Android Central Forums

mercimenky

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello, Operation A7X.
I would like to know how to get rid of some of the pre installed apps
(which i think is refered to as ATT Bloat?) Any advice on how to accomplish this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks mercimenky

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Hello, Operation A7X.
I would like to know how to get rid of some of the pre installed apps
(which i think is refered to as ATT Bloat?) Any advice on how to accomplish this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks mercimenky

Root. Your phone needs to be rooted. There are methods out there, but I never use them. Too many bugs for me. But root and download a Root Uninstaller (No, it doesn't unroot, it uninstalls system apps, like HTC Hub, AT&T Family Map, and others.)

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Okay, I've been discovering apps for myself what to remove, and I'll present the list right now:

Adobe Reader
Amazon Kindle
AT&T Code Scanner
AT&T FamilyMap
AT&T Navigation
Car Panel
Featured Apps
Footprints
Friend Stream
HTC Hub
HTC Likes
Live TV
MOG Music
Movies
myAT&T
NFS Shift
Polaris Office
Qik Lite
Setup
Stocks
Transfer
Twitter
Watch
YP

(NOTE: I am not liable for any damages caused to the phone, but these are the ones I took off.)

mercimenky

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
thanks for the info. How do i root the phone? and what is you recommendation on a root uninstaller? thanks again alyie
the easiest way please; windows I understand androids not so much lol,

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
thanks for the info. How do i root the phone? and what is you recommendation on a root uninstaller? thanks again alyie
the easiest way please; windows I understand androids not so much lol,

Well, the easiest way to do it is to just to mod your phone. And again, I can help you with everything. Interested? Because after looking and talking to fellow rooters, it would be the easiest way to go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835