07-24-2012 01:20 AM
- Something's happened...not sure what to make of it. I noticed the image on the screen was flickering a little bit. I had just taken a motorcycle trip and went through some rain, but my riding suit is pretty waterproof. But the phone was damp around the edges when I got to my destination. I took it out of the Otter Box and noticed a few droplets of water...not many. I made sure everything was dry, powered down the phone and looked at the back in the battery area...dry as a bone. I turned the phone back on...still flickering. At one point, I took the back off with the phone still on...bad thing to do? I noticed a small ball down at the bottom that probably makes contact with the back. At one point in all this, the bottom part of the phone (away from the battery) was getting warm...eventually it cooled down. Phone wont' turn on. I'm back in my room and thought maybe I'd lost all my charge. Hooked up to the charger and the green light doesn't light up.
Does it sound pretty dead?? Anything I can do, like a reset or something?
Kurt07-13-2012 05:45 PM
- No lights...it's plugged into the wall. While plugged into the wall, I can't power it up...I push on the power button and nothing happens.
I noticed in the manual that it says to be sure and turn the phone off before removing the back. I'm new to these things, so that didn't occur to me. Is there some kind of safe mode it goes into or is it a goner?
Kurt07-13-2012 07:18 PM
- I had someone call the help desk at 611. They said to remove the battery for 10 seconds and reinsert. Turn phone on. Did that and it did seem to help. But I think the real problem is that the screen is dead...recall the flickering I mentioned at the very beginning. I can turn the power button on and the buttons at the bottom of the screen light up for something like a minute, then go dim. That's probably the auto dim after around 45 seconds. But the screen is dark. I can't "pull the ring" to open things up...I can't shut the phone down because I can't see the spot to press...likely the touch sensitive nature of the screen is gone, too.
Looks like I'll be calling the "shop" to see what to do next.
Kurt07-13-2012 08:16 PM
- Don't want to take my Otterbox off, but you're looking for either a white or red pip - on all other phones I've used, it's been somewhere in the battery compartment, and should look like it's made from rubber or soft plastic. White is good. Red means $$$.
Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Android Central Forums07-14-2012 11:33 PM
- There are two watermarks on the Vivid actually: One on the battery itself (Small white sticker located on the same sides as the battery terminals.) And the other is located inside the battery compartment, small round white sticker in the bottom right corner. You are welcome!
Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums07-15-2012 03:26 AM
- Well, got my 3rd phone since April. I got to a service center here in St. Louis after I arrived and told them that the screen stopped working. They checked, found no watermark issues, confirmed that the screen was dead, and gave me a new phone. They didn't ask, so I didn't tell!!
Phone came with Ginger Bread installed. Went through the update process and am now running ICS. Now to reconfigure everything like I had before...
Kurt07-15-2012 09:46 PM
- Because I don't know nuttin! Basically, I had gotten used to features and settings with ICS and wanted to get back to that. I'm more comfortable with ICS...I had finally worked out issues I had with it and was just looking to get back there. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
Kurt07-15-2012 10:12 PM
- guys i have some serious problem i have motorola fire xt rooted phone i tryed to back up my rom through rom manager ...., i pressed backup rom button the phone is off and dead its not starting .., i wated for 15 mins and removed battery and tryed to start it but no use its not starting plzzzzzz help me ....07-22-2012 11:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD