Please Help! Won't let me hit install!

keelon.ellis

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
My HTC Vivid is pretty much brand new and every time I try to download a 3rd party app or an app from the amazon appstore it will download but when it gives you the option to install or cancel it wont let me hit install like the screen is unclickable in that spot...I've got the accept non-market apps box checked in settings but it refuses to let me hit install...I can hit cancel but not install..my friend who also has a vivid downloaded the same thing and his let him install.

Does anyone have any suggestions?? I would love to get this feature working!

Thanks in advance!

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Cannot calibrate the phone. Well, you can test if your screen is working by going into the Phone and typing *#*#3424#*#* and running the "Line Drawing Test". Then, draw in that area and diagnose. Good luck.

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums

keelon.ellis

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the help but it still hasn't resolved the problem ...I really don't understand why its not working that part of the screen work on everything else. All I know is its really making me mad lol

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Well, I did say "diagnose", not "resolve". :p and did someone or you excessively press down on the screen?

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums

keelon.ellis

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I've tried all of this and nothing's working ...sadly I don't have a warranty ..bought it off Craigslist ...thought about just doing a hard reset or something maybe that will do it.

Thanks for all the help!

apoc53

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Of the two factory resets I've done, I've never had a problem go away. I have, however, BOTH times picked up NEW bugs to go with the old. Tread lightly on a factory reset.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: keelon.ellis

keelon.ellis

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I know this was forever ago...but I figured out what was causing this ...feel a little dumb that it took me that long to figure it out but...too much stuff was open...so every time I go to download something offline that I have to install I have to kill all my tasks and everything ...but that fixed it :D

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton