1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Please Help! Won't let me hit install!

My HTC Vivid is pretty much brand new and every time I try to download a 3rd party app or an app from the amazon appstore it will download but when it gives you the option to install or cancel it wont let me hit install like the screen is unclickable in that spot...I've got the accept non-market apps box checked in settings but it refuses to let me hit install...I can hit cancel but not install..my friend who also has a vivid downloaded the same thing and his let him install.

Does anyone have any suggestions?? I would love to get this feature working!

Thanks in advance!
    OS History
    Palm OS, Windows Mobile 6, Blackberry 4.5, 5, and 6, and WebOS...no contest...Android Wins!
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Default Re: Please Help! Won't let me hit install!

do you have the option to calibrate the screen? i am unfamiliar with your phone but that may help if it is in the settings...google it

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

Cannot calibrate the phone. Well, you can test if your screen is working by going into the Phone and typing *#*#3424#*#* and running the "Line Drawing Test". Then, draw in that area and diagnose. Good luck.

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks for the help but it still hasn't resolved the problem ...I really don't understand why its not working that part of the screen work on everything else. All I know is its really making me mad lol
    OS History
    Palm OS, Windows Mobile 6, Blackberry 4.5, 5, and 6, and WebOS...no contest...Android Wins!

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

Well, I did say "diagnose", not "resolve". :P and did someone or you excessively press down on the screen?

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Time for a warranty replacement

From my XxX rated Rezound

Global Posts
    1,049 Global Posts
    ROM
    ice cold sandwich aokp

Ok try this un click it then re click side liad then reboot then try it avain see if that works 0.0
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I've tried all of this and nothing's working ...sadly I don't have a warranty ..bought it off Craigslist ...thought about just doing a hard reset or something maybe that will do it.

Thanks for all the help!
    OS History

Of the two factory resets I've done, I've never had a problem go away. I have, however, BOTH times picked up NEW bugs to go with the old. Tread lightly on a factory reset.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

I know this was forever ago...but I figured out what was causing this ...feel a little dumb that it took me that long to figure it out but...too much stuff was open...so every time I go to download something offline that I have to install I have to kill all my tasks and everything ...but that fixed it

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Android Central Forums
    OS History