Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 73
  1. #26  

    Default Re: HTC Vivid wont power on (Just get Hboot screen)

    My HTC Vivid is having the same problem with the HTC boot screen, it won't boot. I need some help over hear please. thank you
  2. #27  
    OperationA7X's Avatar

    Posts
    1,422 Posts
    ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

    Default Re: HTC Vivid wont power on (Just get Hboot screen)

    Quote Originally Posted by chamo18 View Post
    My HTC Vivid is having the same problem with the HTC boot screen, it won't boot. I need some help over hear please. thank you
    Gotta be a little more specific...what did you do/what were you doing when this happened, what your phone now does, etc.

    Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums
    Last edited by OperationA7X; 02-19-2013 at 09:35 PM.
    Sent from my HTC DROID Vivid Ultra BoRKeD using Android Central Forums.
  3. #28  

    Default Re: HTC Vivid wont power on (Just get Hboot screen)

    the phone was given to me like this it will go to the reboot page but wont go past the htc screen
  4. #29  
    OperationA7X's Avatar

    Posts
    1,422 Posts
    ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

    Default Re: HTC Vivid wont power on (Just get Hboot screen)

    Quote Originally Posted by lilred00210 View Post
    the phone was given to me like this it will go to the reboot page but wont go past the htc screen
    Run this:



    Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums
    Sent from my HTC DROID Vivid Ultra BoRKeD using Android Central Forums.
  5. #30  

    Default Re: HTC Vivid wont power on (Just get Hboot screen)

    Hello I am having the same problem with my Htc Vivid with At&t . At first it wouldn't charge at all. Only saying 0%. It only goes to the white htc screen. I recently tried to I guess ruu it and reboot it now its only saying 30% and is still on the white screen. I don't think I did it right let alone understand it. I have been trying all day. Downloading any and every type to be downloaded. No such luck at all please help me..So lost..HELP PLEASE!!!
  6. #31  
    OperationA7X's Avatar

    Posts
    1,422 Posts
    ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

    Default Re: HTC Vivid wont power on (Just get Hboot screen)

    You need to boot your phone into Fastboot.

    1) Take out battery.
    2) Place it back in, make sure you have a charge.
    3) Hold down Volume Down + Power.

    You'll now see a menu with 3 skateboarding Androids at the bottom.

    From there, press power on FASTBOOT. You should now see "FASTBOOT" in a red banner. Make sure you have HTC Drivers installed and if you do, connect your phone. You should now see "FASTBOOT USB" if everything works right. Now, download the RUU and run it and in 10 minutes, you should be fine.

    Also, faulty cables could be a problem.

    Sent from my HTC Vivid Borked using Android Central Forums
    Sent from my HTC DROID Vivid Ultra BoRKeD using Android Central Forums.
  7. #32  

    Default Re: HTC Vivid wont power on (Just get Hboot screen)

    Hey you guys i need help .. I recently rooted my phone and I used Some LCD mod app and something happened to my phone .. I tried to follow up with what you and the other guy were talking about but it seems like all of my stuf is the direct opposite .. Im on ICS, it says Unlocked up top and i do see the fast boot usb thing . Not quite sure what error it is and I dont think i have a MUU
  8. #33  

    Default Re: HTC Vivid wont power on (Just get Hboot screen)

    Please help me as soon as possible Need my phone for my Job
  9. #34  

    Default Re: HTC Vivid wont power on (Just get Hboot screen)

    i have the same problem with my htc
  10. #35  

    Default Re: HTC Vivid wont power on (Just get Hboot screen)

    Having the same problem. My daughter let power run completely out on her phone and now I can't start it. Have tried running RUU for my HTC Velocity (get error message about low power) and also running the Telstra ph39img.zip from my SD card (seems to be working but I end up with an error about newer version on my phone). Have searched and tried various solutions for hours. Have come to the conclusion that computer isn't able to see the SD card or other folders on my phone... though I'm a beginner at this.

    I can follow the above instructions to get into fastboot. But when I connect by USB to computer, phone screen doesn't change to USB Fastboot. I hear a sound suggesting computer recognises phone and two new removable disks in Windows Explorer on PC, but the removable disks appear to have nothing in them.

    Would be very grateful for any advice.
  11. #36  
    OperationA7X's Avatar

    Posts
    1,422 Posts
    ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

    Default Re: HTC Vivid wont power on (Just get Hboot screen)

    Quote Originally Posted by DGC48 View Post
    Having the same problem. My daughter let power run completely out on her phone and now I can't start it. Have tried running RUU for my HTC Velocity (get error message about low power) and also running the Telstra ph39img.zip from my SD card (seems to be working but I end up with an error about newer version on my phone). Have searched and tried various solutions for hours. Have come to the conclusion that computer isn't able to see the SD card or other folders on my phone... though I'm a beginner at this.

    I can follow the above instructions to get into fastboot. But when I connect by USB to computer, phone screen doesn't change to USB Fastboot. I hear a sound suggesting computer recognises phone and two new removable disks in Windows Explorer on PC, but the removable disks appear to have nothing in them.

    Would be very grateful for any advice.
    HTC Drivers installed? If yes, could be a faulty cord, try another microUSB to USB cable. Get back to me when you can please, so I may better help you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Moamed View Post
    i have the same problem with my htc
    After following all the instructions?

    Quote Originally Posted by AsapRozay69 View Post
    Please help me as soon as possible Need my phone for my Job
    You never got back to me, all go well?

    Sent from my HTC Vivid BoRKed using Android Central Forums
    Sent from my HTC DROID Vivid Ultra BoRKeD using Android Central Forums.
    Thanked by:
    DGC48 
  12. #37  

    Default Re: HTC Vivid wont power on (Just get Hboot screen)

    Quote Originally Posted by OperationA7X View Post
    HTC Drivers installed? If yes, could be a faulty cord, try another microUSB to USB cable. Get back to me when you can please, so I may better help you.
    I'm really grateful for your quick response. Drivers were OK and multiple cables tried with no luck... and another phone recognised OK. But I tried on a second computer and your instructions got me further. Phone went to USB Fastboot and RUU seemed to run OK until it threw up a Bootloader Version Error 140 during the updating signature stage.

    I'm trying to run RUU_HOLIDAY_ICS_35_S_Telstra_WWE_3.25.841.4_Radio_3.02.4740.09_34.20.701040.19_release_246698_signed which is the latest version I can find. During the RUU set up phase it says that 3.44.841.3 is the existing version.

    My phone is showing:
    Locked
    HOLIDAY PVT SHIP S-ON RL
    HBOOT-1.85.0029
    OpenADSP-v02.6.0.2226.00.0202
    eMMC-boot
    Mar15 2012,17:16:42

    My preference is to have the stock Telstra software and not play around with unlocking, custom ROMs etc. But willing to try if that's what it takes.

    I'm feeling a bit more hopeful with your help so far and look forward to your response.
    Last edited by DGC48; 07-19-2013 at 07:38 PM.
  13. #38  
    OperationA7X's Avatar

    Posts
    1,422 Posts
    ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

    Default Re: HTC Vivid wont power on (Just get Hboot screen)

    I'm just letting you know, I see you're on, I'm coming up with a solution hopefully.

    Sent from my HTC Vivid BoRKed using Android Central Forums
    Sent from my HTC DROID Vivid Ultra BoRKeD using Android Central Forums.
  14. #39  
    OperationA7X's Avatar

    Posts
    1,422 Posts
    ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

    Default Re: HTC Vivid wont power on (Just get Hboot screen)

    Quote Originally Posted by DGC48 View Post
    I'm really grateful for your quick response. Drivers were OK and multiple cables tried with no luck... and another phone recognised OK. But I tried on a second computer and your instructions got me further. Phone went to USB Fastboot and RUU seemed to run OK until it threw up a Bootloader Version Error 140 during the updating signature stage.

    I'm trying to run RUU_HOLIDAY_ICS_35_S_Telstra_WWE_3.25.841.4_Radio_3.02.4740.09_34.20.701040.19_release_246698_signed which is the latest version I can find. During the RUU set up phase it says that 3.44.841.3 is the existing version.

    My phone is showing:
    Locked
    HOLIDAY PVT SHIP S-ON RL
    HBOOT-1.85.0029
    OpenADSP-v02.6.0.2226.00.0202
    eMMC-boot
    Mar15 2012,17:16:42

    My preference is to have the stock Telstra software and not play around with unlocking, custom ROMs etc. But willing to try if that's what it takes.

    I'm feeling a bit more hopeful with your help so far and look forward to your response.
    I got a question though, did you ever install that security update that HTC pushed out to most of its devices a few months ago?

    Sent from my HTC Vivid BoRKed using Android Central Forums
    Sent from my HTC DROID Vivid Ultra BoRKeD using Android Central Forums.
  15. #40  

    Default Re: HTC Vivid wont power on (Just get Hboot screen)

    Don't know about the security update sorry... it's my daughter's phone and she doesn't think she installed it but she's very vague about it.
  16. #41  
    OperationA7X's Avatar

    Posts
    1,422 Posts
    ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

    Default Re: HTC Vivid wont power on (Just get Hboot screen)

    Because that made a lot of things act bizarre. But you have the HTC Velocity?

    Sent from my HTC Vivid BoRKed using Android Central Forums
    Sent from my HTC DROID Vivid Ultra BoRKeD using Android Central Forums.
  17. #42  

    Default Re: HTC Vivid wont power on (Just get Hboot screen)

    Yes. HTC Velocity, the Australian variant of the Vivid, Raider and Holiday as I understand it.
    Last edited by DGC48; 07-20-2013 at 11:32 PM.
  18. #43  
    OperationA7X's Avatar

    Posts
    1,422 Posts
    ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

    Default Re: HTC Vivid wont power on (Just get Hboot screen)

    There might be a newer RUU, have you tried looking for another one, or couldn't find it?

    Sent from my HTC Vivid BoRKed using Android Central Forums
    Sent from my HTC DROID Vivid Ultra BoRKeD using Android Central Forums.
  19. #44  

    Default Re: HTC Vivid wont power on (Just get Hboot screen)

    I've spent many hours trying to find a newer one... I note a recent post on another forum by an Australian with the same problem - although he is unlocked. He can find the same RUU but no newer ones. He has no responses yet.
  20. #45  
    OperationA7X's Avatar

    Posts
    1,422 Posts
    ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

    Default Re: HTC Vivid wont power on (Just get Hboot screen)

    You know what? I'll help in the search. I will be back!

    Sent from my HTC Vivid BoRKed using Android Central Forums
    Sent from my HTC DROID Vivid Ultra BoRKeD using Android Central Forums.
  21. #46  
    OperationA7X's Avatar

    Posts
    1,422 Posts
    ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

    Default Re: HTC Vivid wont power on (Just get Hboot screen)

    No one can find a newer one. I had people look as well. There are only 2 solutions nowadays...

    1) S-OFF the device and then flash the RUU that you have

    Or...

    2) Unlock the bootloader and flash a stock ROM.


    Sorry sir.

    Sent from my HTC Vivid BoRKed using Android Central Forums
    Sent from my HTC DROID Vivid Ultra BoRKeD using Android Central Forums.
  22. #47  

    Default Re: HTC Vivid wont power on (Just get Hboot screen)

    no apologies needed. I really appreciate an expert confirming that it's not something simple that I'm missing. I will do whichever of the two above options you think are less likely to get me into trouble... I think I can unlock the bootloader via HTC Dev site or, if going the other route, would do some research to work out what S-Off is. I may be confused but please clarify. Do you mean unlock the bootloader and flash a custom ROM (ie not stock)?... just that option one flashing the RUU would have me on the stock ROM wouldn't it?

    Final request would be if you have any suggestions for the most reliable custom ROM.
  23. #48  
    OperationA7X's Avatar

    Posts
    1,422 Posts
    ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

    Default Re: HTC Vivid wont power on (Just get Hboot screen)

    Quote Originally Posted by DGC48 View Post
    no apologies needed. I really appreciate an expert confirming that it's not something simple that I'm missing. I will do whichever of the two above options you think are less likely to get me into trouble... I think I can unlock the bootloader via HTC Dev site
    Yes, you actually can unlock it officially.

    or, if going the other route, would do some research to work out what S-Off is.
    S-OFF is just enabling you to write over the current HBOOT and flash files without any extra security. There are pros and cons to it, but I decided to stay S-ON.

    I may be confused but please clarify. Do you mean unlock the bootloader and flash a custom ROM (ie not stock)?
    Yes. That's the beauty of Android.

    ... just that option one flashing the RUU would have me on the stock ROM wouldn't it?
    Yes. Stock kernel and everything.

    Final request would be if you have any suggestions for the most reliable custom ROM.
    I would have to look, but I know of a lot of HTC Vivid ROMs.

    Sent from my HTC Vivid BoRKed using Android Central Forums
    Sent from my HTC DROID Vivid Ultra BoRKeD using Android Central Forums.
    Thanked by:
    DGC48 
  24. #49  

    Default Re: HTC Vivid wont power on (Just get Hboot screen)

    OK... will try to unlock bootloader (but stay S-On) and take a plunge into the world of a custom ROM. I suspect there are some long hours in front of the computer ahead of me but I'll be the better for it at the end. Thanks for all your help... using some Australian vernacular, you're a champion!!!
  25. #50  
    OperationA7X's Avatar

    Posts
    1,422 Posts
    ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

    Default Re: HTC Vivid wont power on (Just get Hboot screen)

    Actually, there are no long hours, it's really not as complicated as one may think. The longest part of anything is unlocking the bootloader and then picking the ROM for you.

    Sent from my HTC Vivid BoRKed using Android Central Forums
    Sent from my HTC DROID Vivid Ultra BoRKeD using Android Central Forums.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

B