Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: HTC Vivid wont power on (Just get Hboot screen)

I unlocked the bootloader OK. But having no joy flashing a custom ROM... if I rename it to PH39IMG.zip and put it on an SD card before booting the phone, it seems to be loading, the blue bar goes to the top... and a message about parsing comes up. But then it just goes back to the HBoot screen.

I'm not really sure what I'm doing but have tried to flash a clockworkmod recovery image via the command prompt from my computer (in the hope that this will let me install a ROM)... I get the "finished/OKAY" message when I've done this but, when I run recovery on the phone, I get a white screen with green HTC requiring a battery pull.

Not game to try to get S-Off, the posts I've read refer to a wire trick and I don't think I'm up for it.

any tips?

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

Quote Originally Posted by DGC48 View Post
    I unlocked the bootloader OK. But having no joy flashing a custom ROM... if I rename it to PH39IMG.zip and put it on an SD card before booting the phone, it seems to be loading, the blue bar goes to the top... and a message about parsing comes up. But then it just goes back to the HBoot screen.
    That's the problem, that's not how you flash a ROM, that PH39IMG.zip is for fixing something or flashing different antennas if memory serves me right.

I'm not really sure what I'm doing but have tried to flash a clockworkmod recovery image via the command prompt from my computer (in the hope that this will let me install a ROM)... I get the "finished/OKAY" message when I've done this but, when I run recovery on the phone, I get a white screen with green HTC requiring a battery pull.
    Hmm, I know how to help you with this one now.

Not game to try to get S-Off, the posts I've read refer to a wire trick and I don't think I'm up for it.

any tips?
    Yeah. I didn't like the wire trick, so yeah...just see the link I'll post in a moment.

Sent from my HTC Vivid BoRKed using Android Central Forums
    Sent from my HTC DROID Vivid Ultra BoRKeD using Android Central Forums.

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

Go to this forum and follow post #5. Even if you're gonna flash a ROM, it will help you install a recovery.

HTC Vivid 4.0.3 root help

Thanks again for all your help. I'm feeling like a pest but very keen to get this phone working and maybe learn enough that I can get more control of my phones in the future.

The PH39.img file is a large file extracted from the Telstra RUU... other posts suggest that it can be used to install the ROM from the SD card... the existing bootloader seems to look for a file by that name on the SD card every time it loads. So I renamed a custom ROM but, as you say, it doesn't work.

Still no luck with your post on the other thread about custom recovery and rooting... I get exactly what I did when I tried the same process with Clockworkmod recovery. The recovery seems to be installed properly in that I get the OKAY and finished messages in the command prompt and also the green bar going to the top on the phone. But when I disconnect the phone and then select recovery, I get the white screen with HTC Logo.

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

Thanks again for all your help. I'm feeling like a pest but very keen to get this phone working and maybe learn enough that I can get more control of my phones in the future.

The PH39.img file is a large file extracted from the Telstra RUU... other posts suggest that it can be used to install the ROM from the SD card... the existing bootloader seems to look for a file by that name on the SD card every time it loads. So I renamed a custom ROM but, as you say, it doesn't work.

Still no luck with your post on the other thread about custom recovery and rooting... I get exactly what I did when I tried the same process with Clockworkmod recovery. The recovery seems to be installed properly in that I get the OKAY and finished messages in the command prompt and also the green bar going to the top on the phone. But when I disconnect the phone and then select recovery, I get the white screen with HTC Logo.
    It's supposed to look like that for a while, like a minute, then boot into the recovery.

Have done it again... still sitting on the white screen after 10 mins.

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

Hmm... Relock the boot loader, unlock it with your code, and then flash again, that's very peculiar...

Thanked by:
    DGC48 

Thanks again. Was trying to do that but now phone has black screen no matter what I try to do. Sometimes it seems to light up a bit when pressing power button or plugging in to charge. Maybe bad battery - given the problem first occurred when battery was left to run down. Have ordered new battery and will try your fix when it arrives. If battery doesn't help, I'll give up.

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

Thanks again. Was trying to do that but now phone has black screen no matter what I try to do. Sometimes it seems to light up a bit when pressing power button or plugging in to charge. Maybe bad battery - given the problem first occurred when battery was left to run down. Have ordered new battery and will try your fix when it arrives. If battery doesn't help, I'll give up.
    When you put it on a charger, does the charge light flash, or does it stay on?

Behaviour a little inconsistent following some testing as follows.
    First time, after about 4 seconds the charge light started flashing... it flashed for about another 10 or 15 seconds... then it stayed on for a few seconds then goes off.
    Second time, after a battery pull, light came on after about 4 seconds, stayed on for about 4 seconds then goes off
    Third and fourth time same as second

Further to immediately above, I found a phone with fully charged battery and put it in mine. As an aside, I put my battery in that phone and it seems to be charging OK - light comes on and stays on. So I'm guessing that there's a problem in the charging circuit or software on the phone and I've wasted my money on a new battery.

Relocked bootloader OK.
    Unlocked it again OK.
    Flashed recovery as per instructions on other post. Again, I get the OKAY and finished messages in the command prompt and also the green bar going to the top on the phone. But when I disconnect the phone and then select recovery, I get the white screen with HTC Logo and no progression after at least 5 minutes.

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

Further to immediately above, I found a phone with fully charged battery and put it in mine. As an aside, I put my battery in that phone and it seems to be charging OK - light comes on and stays on. So I'm guessing that there's a problem in the charging circuit or software on the phone and I've wasted my money on a new battery.

Relocked bootloader OK.
    Unlocked it again OK.
    Flashed recovery as per instructions on other post. Again, I get the OKAY and finished messages in the command prompt and also the green bar going to the top on the phone. But when I disconnect the phone and then select recovery, I get the white screen with HTC Logo and no progression after at least 5 minutes.
    Damn. Maybe a bad cord not sending all the packets together?

Tried multiple cords. Also tried it on a different computer... doesn't work at all on USB 3 but USB 2 ports give me fastboot USB and I can apply the fix... but no luck. Now ready to give up and maybe take it to a repairer.

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

This is...pretty excessive. I've never had a Vivid/Velocity act that bad before.

good afternoon all, im new to android, i have my vivid from htc unlocked running ics but the atnt bloatware on it is driving me mad, if i do a factory reset using the hboot screen will it reload to stock htc ics or atnt branded ics with all the bloatware again?

can some one assist me i have NOT rooted but i am running ics with atnt bloatware galore if i run factory reset will i get htc factory ics or atnt ics?

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

Actually, you'll just go back to out-of-the-box. You need to either root and/or ROM to remove bloatware.

Thanks alot i ended up rooting it and deleted the bloatware now its all good

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

That's great to hear!

Need ! Help ! my HTC Vivid HTC boot screen! Not enter in mode recovery only in bootloader .

S-ON
    Unlock
    recovery ClockworkMod
    and Root

Please hELp

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Reyes Areche View Post
    Need ! Help ! my HTC Vivid HTC boot screen! Not enter in mode recovery only in bootloader .

S-ON
    Unlock
    recovery ClockworkMod
    and Root

Please hELp
    I don't know what you need help with...

can you help me its urgent i flashed cm11albinoman2013 on my vivid now if i put in my sim, phone freezes for hours, and the internal sd card is unrecognized, i need another dwload another rom but the goomanager is crashing when i hit the download screen and i can get anywhere on cm's website to help with my vivid, reason for trying cm11 was my vivid went white screen this morning and refused to start back even after using recovery, can you please help me

U can Google a newer version of cm11 I believe i typed in cm11-2014015-Albinoman-holiday.zip n download the goapp for 4.4 also

Posted via Android Central App
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123