My HTC Stuck on White Screen

satannik

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
All I have access to is the Bootloader/Fastboot and Recovery. I tried something with a kernel and I believe that is what messed with my phone. No factory resets will work. Please help.

KurtTX

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Pull battery out and wait 15 seconds. Reinsert battery and try again. Not sure if will help anything...worth a shot.

Kurt

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Nope, nothing.

That's because you flashed a kernel that is incompatible with the Stock ICS for the HTC Vivid. I did that to mine before and bricked my phone. All your have to do is either flash the stock kernel or just run the ICS RUU for the Vivid. (All your internal memory and SD card data will NOT BE ERASED.) So yeah...go find it. :)

satannik

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
That's because you flashed a kernel that is incompatible with the Stock ICS for the HTC Vivid. I did that to mine before and bricked my phone. All your have to do is either flash the stock kernel or just run the ICS RUU for the Vivid. (All your internal memory and SD card data will NOT BE ERASED.) So yeah...go find it. :)

I tried to flash the Kernel, I get this:

C:\Users\Adrian\Desktop\Hacking\data>adb kill-server

C:\Users\Adrian\Desktop\Hacking\data>adb remount
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
error: device not found

C:\Users\Adrian\Desktop\Hacking\data>adb push Kernels/ModulesStock/system /syste
m

C:\Users\Adrian\Desktop\Hacking\data>adb reboot bootloader

C:\Users\Adrian\Desktop\Hacking\data>fastboot flash boot Kernels/Kernel-HereStoc
k/boot.img
sending 'boot' (2838 KB)... OKAY [ 0.788s]
writing 'boot'... OKAY [ 3.143s]
finished. total time: 3.931s

C:\Users\Adrian\Desktop\Hacking\data>fastboot reboot
rebooting...
finished. total time: 0.311s

C:\Users\Adrian\Desktop\Hacking\data>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I tried to flash the Kernel, I get this:

C:\Users\Adrian\Desktop\Hacking\data>adb kill-server

C:\Users\Adrian\Desktop\Hacking\data>adb remount
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *

C:\Users\Adrian\Desktop\Hacking\data>adb push Kernels/ModulesStock/system /syste
m

C:\Users\Adrian\Desktop\Hacking\data>adb reboot bootloader

C:\Users\Adrian\Desktop\Hacking\data>fastboot flash boot Kernels/Kernel-HereStoc
k/boot.img
sending 'boot' (2838 KB)... OKAY [ 0.788s]
writing 'boot'... OKAY [ 3.143s]
finished. total time: 3.931s

C:\Users\Adrian\Desktop\Hacking\data>fastboot reboot
rebooting...
finished. total time: 0.311s

C:\Users\Adrian\Desktop\Hacking\data>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

You should flash the stock kernel through Fastboot USB. "Fastboot flash boot "boot.img"

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums

Reactions: satannik

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Didn't work still. :-/ And um...yeah...WildChild's Wi-Fi works beautifully. And the whole ROM is perfect! All the AOSP ROMs for the Vivid had bugs, like can't import contacts, no WiFi, etc.

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums

Reactions: satannik

photoliss

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem.
This morning the sound on Youtube was not working (but the sound for my music was) I powered off my phone and when I tried turning it back on it was stuck on the white HTC screen. I have pulled out the battery and so on but it isn't working.
Now, I read all the posts on here, but the reality is I don't understand any of the lingo. I need a step-by-step guide. I don't know what RUU is or flash this or that. What do I need to do?
Help is appreciated!! Thanks.

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem.
This morning the sound on Youtube was not working (but the sound for my music was) I powered off my phone and when I tried turning it back on it was stuck on the white HTC screen. I have pulled out the battery and so on but it isn't working.
Now, I read all the posts on here, but the reality is I don't understand any of the lingo. I need a step-by-step guide. I don't know what RUU is or flash this or that. What do I need to do?

http://dl3.htc.com/application/htc_vivid_att_RUU_3.26.502.56_US.exe

Download this, and if you haven't modded your phone at all (Root, unlock bootloader, etc.) all you have to do is make sure you have HTC Drivers installed (https://www.dropbox.com/s/7drktelg4ff6vz2/HTCDriver.exe) and all you have to do is just connect your phone via USB to your computer (Make sure you have USB Debugging enabled) and then just let your phone sit and run the program. The program is very basic, all you have to do is click on the stuff it tells you. So, I hope it works. :)

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem.

Also, the audio bug is common in the HTC Vivid/ICS firmware. All sound except from Sense and HTC software will be silent.

photoliss

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
http://dl3.htc.com/application/htc_vivid_att_RUU_3.26.502.56_US.exe

Download this, and if you haven't modded your phone at all (Root, unlock bootloader, etc.) all you have to do is make sure you have HTC Drivers installed (https://www.dropbox.com/s/7drktelg4ff6vz2/HTCDriver.exe) and all you have to do is just connect your phone via USB to your computer (Make sure you have USB Debugging enabled) and then just let your phone sit and run the program. The program is very basic, all you have to do is click on the stuff it tells you. So, I hope it works. :)

Thank you. I download the drivers and the first link.
I turned on my phone (which is still showing the white screen with the HTC logo) and I connected it to my computer.
The "HTC Android Phone ROM Update Utility) showed an "ERROR [170]: USB CONNECTION ERROR"
I have tried this several times and it continues to give me the error.
Suggestions?

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Thank you. I download the drivers and the first link.
I turned on my phone (which is still showing the white screen with the HTC logo) and I connected it to my computer.
The "HTC Android Phone ROM Update Utility) showed an "ERROR [170]: USB CONNECTION ERROR"
I have tried this several times and it continues to give me the error.
Suggestions?

Well...you're not the only one to have had that error. I'm trying to remember what fixed it. I think you would need to confirm that your bootloader is locked or relocked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair