Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By OperationA7X
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy Pending messages

I've looked over the other forums and have had no luck. I just switched over to my HTC Vivid last night and everything was working just fine. This morning I went to respond to a text and it came up with a clock looking icon and when I go to the status it says pending. I'm recieving messages but just can't respond and I'm super frustrated! Can someone please help!?

ROM
    ICS

Default Re: Pending messages

Quote Originally Posted by katelate13 View Post
    I've looked over the other forums and have had no luck. I just switched over to my HTC Vivid last night and everything was working just fine. This morning I went to respond to a text and it came up with a clock looking icon and when I go to the status it says pending. I'm recieving messages but just can't respond and I'm super frustrated! Can someone please help!?
    did you try powering down, and then taking the battery out for a min or so and restarting?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I restarted it, powered it down, took out the battery and sim card and even had it off for a few hours. no luck.

ROM
    ICS

Go to messaging. Click Menu then click Settings and uncheck "Read Reports" . This should fix it the issue

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

When I gO to messages->settings-> it shows notification, sms, mms and general but I can't seem to find a reports option.

ROM
    ICS

anything in those settings?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

It was easier to take screenshots and show you what is checked and what isnt...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pending messages-2012-09-02_23-09-40.jpg   Pending messages-2012-09-02_23-09-34.jpg   Pending messages-2012-09-02_23-09-45.jpg   Pending messages-2012-09-02_23-09-50.jpg   Pending messages-2012-09-02_23-09-54.jpg  

Pending messages-2012-09-02_23-10-03.jpg  
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I hope you can see the screen shots! Thought it was easier.

From your screen shots, it looks like you're from the Puget Sound area, but I don't see anything really wrong. Didn't know T-Mobile was selling Vivids? Anyway, I have texting disabled through AT&T since there are free alternatives and I'm fine with texting from a number different from the one I call from. You might need to contact T-Mobile to see if they know why traffic can come in but not out.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Android Central Forums

Edited:</Stupid Question>
    Disregard -thx

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Android Central Forums
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

It's an unlocked AT&T phone.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Is there some update I'm missing?

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

Is there some update I'm missing?
    Whoever or however it was unlocked, obviously forgot to set something...what was the name of it...also, did the previous owner (If any) or you ever force stop "Messages" or "Dialer Storage" or "kill" the app with a task killer? Any of these should explain why your messages aren't sending. And as for the Vivid... sounds like a bad unlock...but that's just my opinion. Any unlocked phone I've ever owned (myTouch 3G Slide, Motorola Flipside) was done from the company. Good luck.
    Sent from my HTC DROID Vivid Ultra BoRKeD using Android Central Forums.
    bryann22 likes this.

ROM
    ICS

Quote Originally Posted by OperationA7X View Post
    Whoever or however it was unlocked, obviously forgot to set something...what was the name of it...also, did the previous owner (If any) or you ever force stop "Messages" or "Dialer Storage" or "kill" the app with a task killer? Any of these should explain why your messages aren't sending. And as for the Vivid... sounds like a bad unlock...but that's just my opinion. Any unlocked phone I've ever owned (myTouch 3G Slide, Motorola Flipside) was done from the company. Good luck.
    Dead on

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

It was from unlockthatphone.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

After unlocking the phone the messaging worked! This happen after attaching my data plan ):

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

After unlocking the phone the messaging worked! This happen after attaching my data plan ):
    Can you receive MMS messages? If you can, I need to think of something else. if you can't, then more than likely, the unlock + SIM Card are incompatible with mobile data.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

I receive them. Just can't send. Keeps saying pending and never sends.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

I was going to factory reset it. I was playing with the setting yesterday while it still worked and I don't know if I may have changed something on accident.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Do I need to install a ROM?

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

Do I need to install a ROM?
    If you install a custom ROM, I'm not sure if you'll lose your unlock or not...I'd say do a Factory Reset, just back up your Apps, Text Messages, and Contacts and just do it and hope it works out.

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

By the way, nice Purple Passion HTC skin.

ROM
    ICS

I wouldn't flash a ROM especially if you don't know what your doing,if your stock just reset but BACKUP first,see if that helps

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

I'm having the exact same issue. Upgrade my AT&T phone yesterday, texts worked just fine all evening. This morning I can recieve texts but not send them. Did you ever find a way to correct it? I already spoke to the AT&T helpdesk, they say it's nothing on their end. They want me to take the phone back to the store because "its faulty" but if i'm not the only one having this issue how would a replacement vivid solve the problem??

Figured it out! have to turn of the SMS delivery reports. not capable on AT&T