stuck at white HTC screen, help?

cassie529

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi, guys. I am completely and totally new here. [as in i tried finding help by scrolling through other threads but got completely lost at the words "rooted" and "flash rom"].
I have an HTC Vivid, and I restarted it earlier today, but after turning off, it just didn't turn back on. And when I got it to turn back on, it just stayed at the start up white HTC screen. Didn't do anything else.
I heard of something called an hboot, and I did the thing where you hold the power and the lower volume button down and I got to this menu and this is what it said:

***LOCKED***
HOLIDAY PUT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.85.0025
MICROP-0360
OpenADSP-v02.6.0.226.00.0202
eMMC-boot
Mar 1 2012,17:09:49

HBOOT

FASTBOOT
RECOVERY
FACTORY RESET
CLEAR STORAGE
SIMLOCK
IMAGE CRC

And then there's 3 little cute androids at the bottom of the screen.

Please help, I have absolutely no idea what to do and I just want my phone back the way it was, the stock version.

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Your best bet is to try recovery. I'm hoping someone stumbles across your post and sees my plea for help before they go down tonight at 7pm... also stuck on htc screen and have tried recovery tried reflashing cwm and root went sucessful... I let my associate take the phone home and he attempted to install a boot screen from Jrummy toolbox (I swear by it!) and yesterday his phone appears to be soft bricked. Can't seem to find any stock recovery. it is S-ON and unlocked, wish I could find the md5 and flash this through odin back to stock then I can go about my way but if anyone has any other idea than that RUU file thing that says error when I open it on my laptop I'm not sure what else I can try? Did he brick brick his phone as in I'm pretty much screwed as in fixing it? I'm pretty new to this but have a good grip on what I'm doing and great at following the awesome directions you guys post up here. Just not sure how to get it restored since nothing seems to be working or sticking and the darn thing won't boot up. Advice or simaler problems? This or holiday stuff seems to be interchangeable so even a holiday backup would be sufficient I think. Thaaaaaaanks!!!

~*Miss Angie*~

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Wow. You did something that was highly experimental and you've also made no sense whatsoever. But what I was able to gather, I have a solution for you that will help your phone back to stock, it's called an RUU, but you said you have errors with this? Well, there is another option, and that's flashing a custom recovery (Other than CWM) (I never liked CWM as I got into development.) via the Command Prompt and the Fastboot menu.

pinkspice91

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
---------- Post Merged at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:40 PM ----------

Wow. You did something that was highly experimental and you've also made no sense whatsoever. But what I was able to gather, I have a solution for you that will help your phone back to stock, it's called an RUU, but you said you have errors with this? Well, there is another option, and that's flashing a custom recovery (Other than CWM) (I never liked CWM as I got into development.) via the Command Prompt and the Fastboot menu.

i'm having the exact same prob. except i dropped my phone in water..but i do get the same screen

resa77

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
hi please help i try the link to the htc vivid ruu but didnt help get message on screen saying cant detect my phone and on my phone i get black screen with red triangle on it
on my boot screen it read
holiday pvt ship s-on rl
hboot
:'(

Last edited:

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
hi please help i try the link to the htc vivid ruu but didnt help get message on screen saying cant detect my phone and on my phone i get black screen with red triangle on it
on my boot screen it read
holiday pvt ship s-on rl
hboot
:'(

Put your phone in FASTBOOT
Make sure you have the HTC drivers installed.
Try RUU again.

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums