Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree8Likes

Default Re: vivid froze on white htc screen

Why do I keep getting a "needs repair" when I open up the HTC drive ? I have clicked repair it several times and still nothing.

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

Quote Originally Posted by krishnaberry View Post
    Why do I keep getting a "needs repair" when I open up the HTC drive ? I have clicked repair it several times and still nothing.
    The drivers is not a program to use, you just install them, and done. All it does is put the HTC drivers in the appropriate Windows folder.

Sent from my HTC Vivid BoRKed using Android Central Forums
    Sent from my HTC DROID Vivid Ultra BoRKeD using Android Central Forums.

please help, my vivid has the white frozen and i've tried the thread but is not working

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

Quote Originally Posted by mamarich View Post
    please help, my vivid has the white frozen and i've tried the thread but is not working
    Where are you stuck?

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums

i followed the instructions but after running the link, nothing happens. its still frozen. Also when i get to the fastboot, and pressed the power button, the i didnt get "fast usb" as u stated, but i went ahead to run the drivers anyway. nothing happens, still frozen.
    Last edited by mamarich; 12-14-2013 at 03:27 PM.

the "fastboot usb" is highlighted in red, i dont know why, please could you explain it to me.

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

Quote Originally Posted by mamarich View Post
    the "fastboot usb" is highlighted in red, i dont know why, please could you explain it to me.
    That's perfect! Now, on your PC, run the HTC Vivid RUU, and it should connect to your phone.

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

The "FASTBOOT USB" in red means that the PC and the phone are connected together successfully, and your phone is now ready for command(s).

When I put my incredible s into my computer no BOOT from USB shows up also when I download that software it says not available for windows

Sir, I followed your instructions but im stuck, it's the part on running the RUU, I can't seem to find the RUU in the computer. please help ty!

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

Check your download folder.

Sent from my HTC One unfortunately from NSA, I mean, Verizon that is now unlocked.

yup I checked it and found the HTCdriver.exe from your drop box, then intalled it and after installation, I didn't find/found the app/shortcut for the htc driver O.o

OperationA7X, hey bud! Dealing with the same issue as servin. I went to the link that you provided and it is saying that my computer doesn't recognize the drivers. I'm not the best PC minded person around, but any info would help. Thanks a lot!

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

Quote Originally Posted by James Moises View Post
    yup I checked it and found the HTCdriver.exe from your drop box, then intalled it and after installation, I didn't find/found the app/shortcut for the htc driver O.o
    It's not an app, it's just a file that installs the drivers for your phone.

Sent from my HTC One unfortunately from NSA, I mean, Verizon that is now unlocked.

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

Quote Originally Posted by DurrellW View Post
    OperationA7X, hey bud! Dealing with the same issue as servin. I went to the link that you provided and it is saying that my computer doesn't recognize the drivers. I'm not the best PC minded person around, but any info would help. Thanks a lot!
    What Operating System do you have?

Hi guys and gals,
    have been following through this thread in the hope it will resurrect my HTC Velocity which I believe is known as a Vivid in the US.
    2 days ago my phone screen changed while I was driving to to one that says the following

*** LOCKED ***
    HOLIDAY PVT SHIP S-ON RL
    HBOOT -1.85.0029
    eMMC-boot
    Mar 152012, 17:46:42
    HBOOT
    <VOL UP>to previous item
    <VOL DOWN> to next item
    <POWER> to select item

FASTBOOT (in green text and the default selected option)
    RECOVERY ( in dark green text)
    FACTORY REST ( in red text)
    CLEAR STORAGE (in black text)
    SIMLOCK (in blue text)
    IMAGE CRC (in black text)

Now highlighting any option and pressing the power button does nothing and to turn the pone off I have to remove the battery.
    I have installed HTC active synch on my PC and have used 3 different USB cables but my phone is not being found by the PC, I do get the power light on the phone so I know it is charging but it is not being recognized.
    I downloaded the RUU from earlier in this thread but since the phone is not being recognised it cannot install the RUU to my phone.
    I saw mentioned in earlier posts that when I connect the phone to the PC I should see the menu on the phone change to FASTBOOT USB but I never see this happen.

I have completed the active synch install on both win 7 and windows 8 but neither has worked for me.

Any suggestions?

cheers

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

Quote Originally Posted by faldren View Post
    Hi guys and gals,
    have been following through this thread in the hope it will resurrect my HTC Velocity which I believe is known as a Vivid in the US.
    2 days ago my phone screen changed while I was driving to to one that says the following

*** LOCKED ***
    HOLIDAY PVT SHIP S-ON RL
    HBOOT -1.85.0029
    eMMC-boot
    Mar 152012, 17:46:42
    HBOOT
    <VOL UP>to previous item
    <VOL DOWN> to next item
    <POWER> to select item

FASTBOOT (in green text and the default selected option)
    RECOVERY ( in dark green text)
    FACTORY REST ( in red text)
    CLEAR STORAGE (in black text)
    SIMLOCK (in blue text)
    IMAGE CRC (in black text)

Now highlighting any option and pressing the power button does nothing and to turn the pone off I have to remove the battery.
    I have installed HTC active synch on my PC and have used 3 different USB cables but my phone is not being found by the PC, I do get the power light on the phone so I know it is charging but it is not being recognized.
    I downloaded the RUU from earlier in this thread but since the phone is not being recognised it cannot install the RUU to my phone.
    I saw mentioned in earlier posts that when I connect the phone to the PC I should see the menu on the phone change to FASTBOOT USB but I never see this happen.

I have completed the active synch install on both win 7 and windows 8 but neither has worked for me.

Any suggestions?

cheers
    Have you downloaded the HTC Drivers?

Hi OperationA7X,
    I had thought the drivers would be HTC Synch but following your reply I have installed the driver package. The steps i took are below.
    1. Installed the drivers
    2. Rebooted laptop
    3. Started HTC Synch
    4. Plugged phone in (at this point the notification on bottom left of windows tells me there is a HTC Android device with 2 drives, but never mounts the drives, it did this prior to driver install too)
    5. Turn on phone
    6. the phone goes through a small boot and arrives on the screen mentioned above.
    7. HTC synch does not see the phone

Hope you have further suggestions otherwise i think i am stuffed

Cheers

Hi, I have an Htc vivid and the phone won't power on at all but battery charges and its fully charged. Please help me fix my phone.

please friends i got a problem with my device htc vivid(PH39100) which i had rooted for the last 2 weeks but now this time i wanted to flash "pimp my beats" and found out later that i had wiped my system yet i had not made a nandroid backup and per now it shows a white screen on boot. ive tried looking for htc vivid Ruu's on the internet but the downloads are unavailable. but per now i gat only htc drivers,minimal adb fastboot and a usb. pleeease friends kindly beg you to help me up get back my sandwitch rom because am stuck on wat to do. thank you

helo OperationA7X please can you help me with an htc vivid PH39100's RUU if you got any because my htc vivid was system wiped without a nandroid backup, please help i'll b so glad if my request is put in consideration by any one, thank you

Have all the HTC drivers installed, so able to get the phone connected to PC and able to see the red-background FASTBOOT USB as well. Tried running the RUU (htc_vivid_att_RUU_3.26.502.56_R23_US) couple of times now with different cords, no luck yet. It's a never ending 10minutes, phone even ran out of battery once and turned itself off after couple of hours. I would really like to see if there's a way to get the phone back up and running with some of the data retrieved, at least the ones on the phone internal storage, as I was not using an external storage.
    Rebooting to bootloader........
    Updating the ROM image on your Android phone...
    This is what I keep seeing throughout the process on the PC screen, nothing shows up on the phone screen.

**** LOCKED ****
    HOLIDAY PVT SHIP S-ON RL
    HBOOT-1.85.0025
    MICROP-0360
    OpenADSP-v02.6.0.2226.00.0202
    eMMC-boot
    Mar 1 2012,17:09:49

Is there any way I might be able to retrieve the data on the phone? Would appreciate your help.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123