Update?

vividrich

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Didn't see anything about fixing the davlik cache rebuild upon restart. Ah well. From the small online sample available it seems that those that have issues with it are rooted

apoc53

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
You're saying most users with issues on the dalvik rebuild are rooted? No, I rooted BECAUSE I had the problem, and many forums claimd rooting was a fix. Turns out, it's not - and now my warranty is void for nothing. Ah, well. Rooting has its benefits.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Android Central Forums

apoc53

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
With you now. Interesting- the measure I took to correct a major bug may have saved me from losing even more control over my phone.

vividrich

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully they applied more attention to detail to the update than to the page describing it. The screen shot shows Gingerbread's menu and they list the old version number...and then later the updated one. Some report a 'successful' update with no version change, some a version change....weird.....

vividrich

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Posted on the at&t forum by a 'community manager': "Hey folks - effective October 10, 2012, the HTC Vivid update has been put on hold while HTC works to optimize the update for customers.

Please stay tuned to this thread for updates. "

KurtTX

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Maybe this is why they didn't know anything about the Vivid update at the AT&T store. He checked the phone in the usual manner and there wasn't an update. He did mention past situations where updates didn't work so well...something about the Skyrocket phone. Anyway, sounds like we'll get the "better/faster" version in the future, huh?

Kurt

Splitz

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Posted on the at&t forum by a 'community manager': "Hey folks - effective October 10, 2012, the HTC Vivid update has been put on hold while HTC works to optimize the update for customers.

Please stay tuned to this thread for updates. "

Isn't that interesting?

I downloaded it when it because available and haven't noticed any issues with it at all.

And I'm not rooted either. I wouldn't mind it just to get rid of all the AT&T bloatware.

vividrich

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Frankly, I'm surprised they're even bothering, especially with the One VX just announced, that's the third in the series on at&t...always seemed that the Vivid kinda got lost in the shuffle. I'm happy they are doing it (as long as they get it right) but a bit surprised.

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
-_- Rooting....worked for me, and it would work IF YOU FLASHED A CUSTOM ROM!!! As for those who are rooted and tried to update but can't, it's because it only installs if you're not rooted. If you are, it detects it and does not install because it would crash the phone. Jeez.

Sent from an Android using Android Central Forums

bruce7373

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
The update was finally pushed through for me today so I bit the bullet and applied it (I'm not rooted so I wasn't too concerned). All is well, but I haven't noticed any changes.

vividrich

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Just got mine too. No issues. It changed my skin back to default, no other settings changes. Haven't noticed anything else.

vividrich

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
If anyone notices anything different please post. They say it improves 'sensor performance' which is nice and vague. Going to try the auto brightness again, always thought it was too...active....compared to my old aria.

cloneboy99

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
I got this update pushed out to my phone last night, and I finally caved and let the update run around 0100 this morning. I woke up a few hours later to find my phone completely unresponsive. It doesn't seem to want to power on at all and plugging it in doesn't even show a charging indicator.

lilme08

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Now that just scared me. Especially since they are forcing it to my phone.

bruce7373

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
FYI: for those running Juice Defender, be sure to backup your settings before you update. I just noticed JD loses them in the process. Fortunately my last backup was done before I upgraded so I could restore, but some others might not be so lucky. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis