Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree2Likes

Default Re: Update?

The update has changed only 2 things.
    1. The playstore where i can see wish list and ability to delete from my apps All.
    2. The stock browser shows google with a side bar aka FB.
    dont see anything related to performance or UI

Why would that need to be pushed via OTA?

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Android Central Forums
    --------------------------------------
    Nexus 5
    Nexus 7 2013

I agree the play store updates itself all the time without an OTA. I'm on a custom rom and have not gotten this update. I have the new whishlists and the ability to remove apps from the all apps list. Not sure about stock browser since I use chrome.

The sidebar doesn't show up on Firefox or Opera. It is on the stock browser. I admit to being surprised at that...

Nexus 5
    Nexus 7 2013

I received & completed the OTA update last night. I noticed that my bluetooth connection on the Vivid connects & dis-connects or does not connect at all, with my car. Never had that issue prior to the update. In addition, when my phone is connected via bluetooth in my car, the contacts are not all fully downloaded for hands-free calling. Never had that issue either prior to the update!

Hmm, I received a call via Bluetooth on the way home, and subsequently made a call... I don't actually make many calls on my phone though

Nexus 5
    Nexus 7 2013

Since updating there have been a couple of instances where I get notification that the correct time couldn't be set. I'm assuming this is a system notification and not from a particular app or something. Meanwhile the correct time displays anyway, so I just ignore this. But I would still like to know what this is about. Anyone else seeing this?

No, but I've noticed the system time is sometimes up to 10 minutes behind real time. A notification in this case would be nice !

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

All I have to say on the matter to the ones who bricked their phone updating while rooted, your ignorance killed it. As for these weird Bluetooth instances, as with all HTC OTA small updates, there is always a small bug, so I never update unless it's a whole OS update. And for whoever was talking about the Google Play store not updating, just open it, press MENU, Settings, and there should be a button for "Check for Downloads". And if not, just Google the newest update and download the .apk. Anyone else need help?
    Sent from my HTC DROID Vivid Ultra BoRKeD using Android Central Forums.
    Thanked by:
    bruce7373 likes this.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123