Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Update?

I just received an update too my vivid through at&t but I'm not sure what it updated. I'm still running ice cream sandwhich, that I've had since I bought the phone. I still have sense 3.6. What was the update?

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Update?

I got the update this morning too. Also not sure what it was for.

This is the only thread I could find that even mentioned it.

I'm actually worried about this update now, My wifi has turned off 3 times by itself after this update and it has NEVER done that before.

I received the update as well...but can't find any info on it. I found a thread started on the at&t forums...but no responses yet.

Sent from HTC Vivid using TapaTalk

Do you need wifi? I click on the continue update on a wifi network and tried it on the mobile network. Nothing seems to happen. Also I can't find any kind of info about this update.

Supposedly it's a firmware update from AT&T and HTC.

AT&T - Update the Firmware for the HTC Vivid (PH39100)

Update the Firmware for the HTC Vivid (PH39100)

Beginning on October 9, 2012, AT&T and HTC have released an additional software update for the HTC Vivid that will be available via firmware over-the-air (FOTA). This 13MB software package updates the firmware version to 3.26.502.56_R23 and improves sensor performance.

NOTE: Customers must have a data SOC in order to obtain any FOTA updates. Customers who have a data opt-out SOC are not able to receive FOTA updates.
    I installed this update this morning when I got the message on my phone (or so I thought), but I just checked and still have the same firmware version (3.26.502.56710RD) that I had with the
    ICS update. I checked, and it says my software is up to date. I just rebooted my phone, and it didn't change. Has the firmware version changed for anyone?

All I know is that, under the Software tab in Settings, it says "Continue update," but when I click on it nothing happens.

The same thing happened to me. The "continue update" button is there; just taunting me.

Quote Originally Posted by rcalderaro View Post
    Supposedly it's a firmware update from AT&T and HTC.

I have this same firmware version as well...and there do not seem to be any changes.

I installed this update this morning when I got the message on my phone (or so I thought), but I just checked and still have the same firmware version (3.26.502.56710RD) that I had with the
    ICS update. I checked, and it says my software is up to date. I just rebooted my phone, and it didn't change. Has the firmware version changed for anyone?

Global Posts
    176 Global Posts

I don't see much of a difference so far, but it will probably take me awhile to notice it anyway.

Why can't they release a battery improvement update?!? Oh well.

Love my phone anyway.

Sent from my HTC Vivid using Tapatalk 2

I still don't know if I'm suppose to use wifi or the mobile network

I think its best updated through wifi.

Will its not letting me update. I click on the continue update and nothing happens, on both wifi and mobile network

Have you contacted htc support?

Figured I would join in, stuck on "complete update", tried with wifi and without. nada

I called Htc and they said Willis have to do it manually on a computer with Htc sync

Quote Originally Posted by crazy runner View Post
    I called Htc and they said Willis have to do it manually on a computer with Htc sync
    Which means wiping the phone, right? If so, I think I'll pass, unless there's something really must have about the update, which doesn't seem to be the case.

Yay, another botched update from AT&T & HTC! I'm also stuck on Continue Update, and after the ICS upgrade, I'm more than happy to let it STAY like this.

Yep, same here. got update notice and it is stuck on "continue update"...Typical. Have restarted, removed battery, nothing helps. going to leave it there until I get rid of this phone and get a real one!

Nothing yet here. Guess it hasn't rolled out to me yet.

--------------------------------------
    Nexus 5
    Nexus 7 2013

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

Quote Originally Posted by vividrich View Post
    Nothing yet here. Guess it hasn't rolled out to me yet.

This is my guess, that now the Vivid got this: Pocketables – HTC EVO 4G receives OTA update to 5.07.651.1, along with Sprint Connections Optimizer
    Sent from my HTC DROID Vivid Ultra BoRKeD using Android Central Forums.

Found out what the Firmware update does,

Beginning on October 9, 2012, AT&T and HTC have released an additional software update for the HTC Vivid that will be available via firmware over-the-air (FOTA). This 13MB software package updates the firmware version to 3.26.502.56_R23 and improves sensor performance.

Didn't see anything about fixing the davlik cache rebuild upon restart. Ah well. From the small online sample available it seems that those that have issues with it are rooted

You're saying most users with issues on the dalvik rebuild are rooted? No, I rooted BECAUSE I had the problem, and many forums claimd rooting was a fix. Turns out, it's not - and now my warranty is void for nothing. Ah, well. Rooting has its benefits.

bruce7373 likes this.

No, most users with issues with this update seem to be rooted, from the small sample size out there...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast