I just bought my HTC VIVID, unlocked for tmobile. Need help with root, and some other questions pls

Jbann131

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
Hello there everyone!

Currently I own an HTC VIVID, unlocked- how I dont know, and I was wondering if someone can just in a nutshell explain a root, and how this all works...what basically i need to not do...in order to keep my phone working..Simple things that I need to know. I am extremley computer savvy however, I am ignorant to android device software. I just switched from iphone. So after all my jailbreaking and unlocking and miracle work done there, I seek assistance.

Like i said I am unlocked already. I am unsure, if I root, will I lose my unlock? this is my most important concern, as I need to be able to use my phone all the times ( Active duty Army). So please give me a hand take a few minutes or seconds..and just send me any info I may need to know going into this madness. All replies are appreciated, but please dont link me to how to websites, I can find those on my own.. I just want a first hand experienced user/superuser to give me some insight.

THANKS
VERY MUCH
I really appreciate your time everyone
JB

basically what im asking for-
what not to do..what will definitley brick my phone
some good roms for my device
best way to accompish
unlocking? effects rooting has on unlocking..
how androids are unlocked after root...

Things like this...thanks

Last edited:

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Hello there everyone!

Currently I own an HTC VIVID, unlocked- how I dont know, and I was wondering if someone can just in a nutshell explain a root, and how this all works...what basically i need to not do...in order to keep my phone working..Simple things that I need to know. I am extremley computer savvy however, I am ignorant to android device software. I just switched from iphone. So after all my jailbreaking and unlocking and miracle work done there, I seek assistance.

Like i said I am unlocked already. I am unsure, if I root, will I lose my unlock? this is my most important concern, as I need to be able to use my phone all the times ( Active duty Army). So please give me a hand take a few minutes or seconds..and just send me any info I may need to know going into this madness. All replies are appreciated, but please dont link me to how to websites, I can find those on my own.. I just want a first hand experienced user/superuser to give me some insight.

THANKS
VERY MUCH
I really appreciate your time everyone
JB

basically what im asking for-
what not to do..what will definitley brick my phone
some good roms for my device
best way to accompish
unlocking? effects rooting has on unlocking..
how androids are unlocked after root...

Things like this...thanks

What not to do: Uninstall certain Google Apps, or Gapps.
A few good ROMs: WildChild Series, with 1.5 GHz overclock, stock look, tweaks, WiFi Hotspot, and many more beautiful options. HOLLICS ROM, it's pretty great, non overclocked, Sense 4, Advance Menu, themes.
Best way to accomplish unlocking: What exactly? SIM, Phone, what?
Effects rooting has on unlocking: Best in the right hands, devastating in the wrong hands.
How Androids are unlocked after root: Same way you unlocked it - Take it to T-Mobile.

Now for some words of advice...

Rooting will not affect your "Unlocked/Flashed" phone, however, flashing a custom ROM will change the APN back to AT&T (Unless you find a ROM with the T-Mobile APN information installed into the ROM.), at which case, you just take it back to T-Mobile and have them change the APN back to their network. Good luck, and thanks for leaving the dark side *cough, cough* Apple *cough, cough*.