how to turn off LED Facebook notifications

powersgrandma

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I had this figured out before Facebook updated.....now I have LED notifications again, and I don't want them.

How do I turn OFF the notification sounds and lights in the Facebook app - It is not listed in the
regular phone LED notifications list. It is not listed in the Facebook settings.

version is Facebook 1.9.11

powersgrandma

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
that didn't show anything to help me. I want to stop the vibration and the LED light every time someone
replies to a post. It eats up my battery fast!

apoc53

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Let's try this again - when you press the three lines, there's an app settings button, called "settings". Its icon is a gear. Hit that. It'll pull up the settings that allow you to shut off notifications completely, or just turn off vibrate, ringer, LED, etc, individually. If that isn't what you're looking for, then I'm not sure you're going to find it.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Android Central Forums

apoc53

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Oi, just realized Facebook also uses three lines for its menu. When I say the three lines menu button, I mean the one on your phone, not the one in Facebook. Sorry for any confusion.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Android Central Forums

thelodge

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I just figured this out on my Verizon Droid Razr running JB 4.1.2 and FB 2.3. There are two ways to get to the screen where you can choose which notifications you want:

1) Open the FB app. Press the 3 lines at upper left. Press Account and then App Settings. OR
2) Open the FB app. Press the 3 lines at lower left. Press Settings.

Hope this works for others!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane