More awful vivid battery life.

jayjay1o1

Aug 19, 2012
Visit site
Ok guys, I'm back and this time I'm more pissed than ever.
The battery life I complained about in my last thread was bad, but this is just terrible
I've done everything, including battery calibrations, extended batteries, turning off wifi when not using it, and my battery still fails me.
Don't believe me, check this out

2012-11-03_14-54-01.png
From playing Subway Surfers for about 45 minutes, and leaving my phone to sleep for an hour has resulted in 87% of my battery being drained in 2 hours.

I NEED SERIOUS HELP, OR I'M REVERTING TO THE SAMSUNG SKYROCKET
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

HTC has completely disappointed me with this phone, I've been thinking of getting the SGSII Skyrocket or maybe even the LG Optimus G, and see how to battery life is on those :confused:

My phone is rooted with CWM9, Stock ROM, and Faux123's OC/1.73GHz[Sweep2Wake] Kernel.

apoc53

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Overclocked? And you wonder where the drain comes from? I get at least 8 hours per charge with moderate to heavy use. With no use, I can go days. Turn off ActiveSync, don't use auto-brightness, and get rid of the OC.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Android Central Forums

Will1524

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
The battery life I complained about in my last thread was bad, but this is just terrible
I've done everything, including battery calibrations, extended batteries, turning off wifi when not using it, and my battery still fails me.

View attachment 44566
From playing Subway Surfers for about 45 minutes, and leaving my phone to sleep for an hour has resulted in 87% of my battery being drained in 2 hours.

HTC has completely disappointed me with this phone, I've been thinking of getting the SGSII Skyrocket or maybe even the LG Optimus G, and see how to battery life is on those :confused:

My phone is rooted with CWM9, Stock ROM, and Faux123's OC/1.73GHz[Sweep2Wake] Kernel.

Battery life was a big factor when I made my choice on getting the skyrocket over the vivid. The skyrocket has a much larger battery at 1850 MaH. My suggestion is to keep brightness down and turn off Lte when you don't need it. I'm actually still on gingerbread with the skyrocket and with power saving mode on I can get 15-17 hours on a charge with 3 of those being on screen time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
What the? 1.73 GHz Dual Core? CWM? It's your own fault. There is absolutely no need for that much overclocking. 1.5 GHz dual core (1536 MHz x2) is actually plenty enough! And ClockworkMod? Please tell me it isn't CWM Touch...and let's see, you want answers on what you can do, yeah? SetCPU can help, but to be honest, I would suggest to flash the stock kernel, then flash a BETTER, CONSERVATIVE kernel set. WCXXPERIA-NCE ILLUMINATI SERIES (There's a link to a very stable, powerful ROM.) The features are: Stock Sense 3.6 look, WCX Tweaks (I love them!), 1.5 GHz Dual Core, Custom recovery, bash commands, 3D Home screen, and many more customizations! Cannot recommend it enough. Hope I helped out enough.

apoc53

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1352049291850.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352049291850.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 29

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

View attachment 44566

Look at your last line. You only said it. Whether you kept it at 1.2 or the max doesn't matter, but that's the reason for the battery drain. Think of it like cars: The bigger the engine, the more gasoline required.

thornesone

May 28, 2012
Visit site
I love my Vivid. 4G LTE, 1.2 dual core processor, 1Gb ram, 16 Gb + card storage, removable battery, and a big 4.5 screen, front and 8 Mp rear camera....all for under $50.00. HELLO!!!

thatmetaldude

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
I bought my vivid a month after it received ICS, and I had it when it first came out. I sold my vivid and and bought an unlocked Galaxy nexus and forgot all about the vivid up till now.
GS3 Cyanogenmod 10

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I love my Vivid. 4G LTE, 1.2 dual core processor, 1Gb ram, 16 Gb + card storage, removable battery, and a big 4.5 screen, front and 8 Mp rear camera....all for under $50.00. HELLO!!!

It's nice to rattle off specs, but you have to look at the quality of those components. The Skyrocket is better in pretty much every one of those categories, including the camera if you wanna get technical with it.

Suffered with a Vivid for 28 days before I go the Sony ion for ~20 hours and then went to the Skyrocket. I wouldn't go back to the Vivid if AT&T tried to give me a free one and let me keep the cash I sold my SR for to myself. I'd try to lie and sell the Vivid, instead.

vividrich

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Mine will more than get me through my contract and then I'll start shopping. It's not perfect but I quite like it.

apoc53

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Mine will more than get me through my contract and then I'll start shopping. It's not perfect but I quite like it.

I'm with you - it's the first smartphone I've owned, so I may not know what I'm "missing", but it beats the hell out if the $10 Go Phone (replacement for a dead LG contract phone) I was using before it.

vividrich

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
My first was the Aria, which I liked, but the battery and puny internal storage got on my nerves. I figure the way things advance there will be some sweet stuff out there. I've only had the vivid since July, not long enough for anything to really annoy me. Other than the FB app of course, but that goes without saying :)

jayjay1o1

Aug 19, 2012
Visit site
You know what? after reading all of the stuff on my thread, screw the Vivid. I mean hell, it's a quality phone, but it's a year back, and I had bought this phone since March, and it's been hell for me. Well, I'm done. I've made plans to sell my Vivid, and buying a new phone. Thank you all, especially OperationA7X for all of his help. The next time you see me, I'l be in the SGSIII forums... Goodbye.

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
You know what? after reading all of the stuff on my thread, screw the Vivid. I mean hell, it's a quality phone, but it's a year back, and I had bought this phone since March, and it's been hell for me. Well, I'm done. I've made plans to sell my Vivid, and buying a new phone. Thank you all, especially OperationA7X for all of his help. The next time you see me, I'l be in the SGSIII forums... Goodbye.

Depending on if I don't get my new Vivid in a few days, let me know how much you're selling it for. :-D

jayjay1o1

Aug 19, 2012
Visit site
Depending on if I don't get my new Vivid in a few days, let me know how much you're selling it for. :-D
Lol, I'm selling it on eBay for 100 bucks. I've re-rooted, Unlocked, and removed the custom kernel(to make it easier for the buyer.)

EDIT: That's without contract:$100, and with contract:$25(half the price on the AT&T site)

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Lol, I'm selling it on eBay for 100 bucks. I've re-rooted, Unlocked, and removed the custom kernel(to make it easier for the buyer.)

EDIT: That's without contract:$100, and with contract:$25(half the price on the AT&T site)

When you say "Unlocked", do you mean the Bootloader or Carrier wise?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa