Time is wrong

bdevlin477

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
On my vivid, the time keeps changing. It will be the right time, then a little while later it will be 10 -20 minutes slow. The location doesn't change, but both the time on the widget and the upper corner are the same...and wrong. Any idea what I can do??

bdevlin477

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
It's just wrong or off by minutes. The time zone hasn't changed, the location is still listed as my town/state...it's legit just the time that goes whacky and it's driving me nuts that I can't figure it out. I try restarting the phone and sometimes that fixes it but sometimes it doesn't.

After

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately I am still very new with the phone but best of luck to you, everyone here are very helpful I am sure you will be assisted soon :).

Goodluck!
Corey

apoc53

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I noticed it for a while - I figured it was because I have LTE at work but plain 4G at home. I thought it had to do with a difference in the network timers across the towers... But it hasn't happened in a while now. Do you cross through different networks during the day?

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Android Central Forums

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I noticed it for a while - I figured it was because I have LTE at work but plain 4G at home. I thought it had to do with a difference in the network timers across the towers... But it hasn't happened in a while now. Do you cross through different networks during the day?

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Android Central Forums

Yeah, that used to happen to me a lot, I could never pinpoint it either, but I do believe what you say. I had first-hand experience with it here and in Mexicali.

bdevlin477

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
No, I don't think it's the network issue...seeing as how I live not even a mile from where I work. And besides, I can be sitting and the time will be correct...check it again a little while later and its off by minutes, without having moved. It's weird.

chickmag11

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I've had "off-by-a-time-zone" issues in the past. Never could pinpoint a cause. Always set to use network time. Switching to non-network, then switching back would not correct it. Would just correct on its own. But I've never been of by anything other than an even hour.

bdevlin477

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, chickmag... It's definitely not a time zone issue. As the location is always correct. It can be 4:05 actual time, the time in the corner will say 3:56 and the time in the widget will say 3:52. It's really bizarre!!

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Wait, do you have a task killer by any sort? ATK and others can wreck mayhem if not configured correctly.

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon