Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thumbs down Re: How to tell if my phone is unlocked for any carrier WITHOUT using another carrier sim

He didn't ask you for a quote or a interrogation just asked how to tell what carrier he has not a trial

Default Re: How to tell if my phone is unlocked for any carrier WITHOUT using another carrier sim

Quote Originally Posted by troach76 View Post
    Ok I am new to the HTC Vivid and android but have plenty of computer experience. I searched but could not find an answer to a question of How to tell if my phone is unlocked for any carrier WITHOUT using another carrier sim card to test with?

Is there a cryptic message or number in one of the boot screens that will tell me, or am I going to have to find another carrier sim other then mine to test with?
    I have similar question

Default Re: How to tell if my phone is unlocked for any carrier WITHOUT using another carrier sim

Quote Originally Posted by Lanhoj View Post
    I don't think so...is there a particular reason you don't want to use a SIM?
    Me i have,..i wonder whether my phone is capable of bearing another network carrier or not and i don't have the luxury to buy another Sim and the payment for cutting it because my phone carries micro Sim. What if i buy a different Sim and my phone couldn't carry it ..it would be a waste of money...that's why i wanted to know first it my phone was locked to a particular carrier

I have a question too I have a HTC vivid it works on my carrier but the APN screen does nothing it is a black screen and says APN at the top nothing else shows i need to change the setting but dont know why it does this or how to change it. There is no lock next to the APN so i know it is unlocked any ideas.

Where are you finding a 10 or 15 dollar unlock? or is that just for your phone?

bryan K.

the person you bought it from can call the carrier and get the unlock code if the contract was fulfilled . they just have to request the unlock code. but even when the contract is not fulfilled yet, you can tell them you need to let someone borrow it to go out of country that has a different provider and they will give it to you then also
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12