Screen flickering and brightness setting not working after Vivid got wet in rain

ahg2003

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
My HTC Vivid had brief exposure to rain but I promptly dried it out. For first few hours the right half of the screen was much darker than the left but it was fixed itself. Phone is operating normally but the problem is with the display.

Now the brightness of the screen is set to really low, I think same as the lowest brightness setting on any vivid. Along with that, the back light is also flickering which is more noticeable on the white background. Changing the brightness is not making any difference.

Its been more than a week, so I think all the water which found the way inside the phone must have already been evaporated. Looking for suggestions if somebody was in the same situation and the back light was fixed itself in few days? Do I need to open the phone and replace the LCD screen or the back light? Any recommendations for repair shop or where to get the parts?

Thanks..

Last edited:

KurtTX

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
There was a past thread in July similar to this...it was my phone. I had a Vivid that was exposed to moisture, not a dunking or anything but a moist environment. Shortly after, the screen began to flicker and eventually it didn't work. I knew the phone was powering up, but since the screen didn't work, I couldn't use it. I noticed that the bottom half of the phone (where all the electronics are) got warmish. I checked the battery and other water markers inside the phone...they showed no water intrusion. Since the phone was under warranty, I took it to AT&T. Within about 10 minutes, they gave me a new phone. Since there was no apparent water damage, they had to give me a new one.

Kurt

ahg2003

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
My 1 year warranty was just over at the end of November. Also, the wetness indicator on the battery and the phone are red so its up to me to do the repair ;)

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
My 1 year warranty was just over at the end of November. Also, the wetness indicator on the battery and the phone are red so its up to me to do the repair ;)

Or, or, do what some people do and peel off that sticker and replace it with another HTC battery sticker. Like, replace the red one for a white one. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22