Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Extended battery

No, it is not a Samsung battery, and the battery doesn't come with a case, just a new back door for the phone. Good luck finding an extended battery case, I couldn't find any kind of one for my phone.

Sent from my Boost Galaxy SII.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  

Quote Originally Posted by OperationA7X View Post
    Eh, that or its just a bad one. A lot of extended batteries are hand made, and sometimes, you're bound to find a bad one. But my guess is that its 1 out of every 5,000.
    It's hard for me to believe that a battery that sells for $13 and is made in China is "hand made."

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

I don't know what I was thinking when I typed that, I was in the hospital for a while, kinda loopy on some medications. Just...there's bound to be defects since its not an OEM and because well, nothing is perfect. Best thing I think to do is try another one, but I understand your money issue. So look around, see what you can find. Oh, and by the way, I bought mine off of NewEgg from a seller named "bluemall" for $13. Who did you buy it from?

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums
    Sent from my HTC DROID Vivid Ultra BoRKeD using Android Central Forums.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  

The same. I emailed them last Friday for an RMA but I haven't heard back. But it's the holidays and all. I'll give them a call tomorrow. If Newegg deals with them, I trust they're reputable.

You seem satisfied with yours. How long have you had it?

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

I wanna say...about 7, 8 months I think. Great overall for me, that's why I'm disappointed that yours doesn't work.

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #31  

Got my RMA today and sent the battery back. I decided to get a replacement rather than a refund based on your positive experience. So, keeping my fingers crossed...

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

I'm hoping you get a great one too, I want you to love the Vivid a bit more.

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #33  

Just got my replacement battery, so hopefully it will fare better than the first. Same problem with getting the back cover on -- it snaps into place rather than sliding, so I know the first time I try to remove it one of the tabs will snap. Lol.

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

Quote Originally Posted by bruce7373 View Post
    Just got my replacement battery, so hopefully it will fare better than the first. Same problem with getting the back cover on -- it snaps into place rather than sliding, so I know the first time I try to remove it one of the tabs will snap. Lol.
    God speed.

10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #35  

So far so good. I've done a couple of full cycle charges as well as some shorter ones, and I'm seeing almost a day and a half with light to moderate use.

One thing I've noticed. The battery charges at pretty much the same rate for a full charge as the stock one (~2 hrs ) -- up to 99%. Then it hangs there for a while till it reaches 100%. Similarly I can use the phone for a while at 100% before it drops. Is this an inability by Android to accurately gauge these extended batteries?

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

So far so good. I've done a couple of full cycle charges as well as some shorter ones, and I'm seeing almost a day and a half with light to moderate use.

One thing I've noticed. The battery charges at pretty much the same rate for a full charge as the stock one (~2 hrs ) -- up to 99%. Then it hangs there for a while till it reaches 100%. Similarly I can use the phone for a while at 100% before it drops. Is this an inability by Android to accurately gauge these extended batteries?
    Whoa whoa whoa man, don't blame the OS that gives you the amazing features! But anyways, mine does that too. It has partly to do with the battery scripts, the other part has to do with the ROM. Nothing wrong with that, its just that the ROM only has the XXXX mAh of the stock battery inputted. Other than that, discharging is correct.

12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #37  

Relax, dude, I'm not "blaming" anything. Just curious.

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

Relax, dude, I'm not "blaming" anything. Just curious.
    Oh, the stock battery is 1620 mAh, the one we have is 3500 mAh, more than double the stock battery's capacity!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12