Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
Like Tree11Likes

Default Re: HTC Vivid 4.0.3 root help

здравствуйте... я прошу подсказать мне в моей проблеме... у меня HTC Vivid с андройдом 4.0.3....я вытащил батарейку не выключив телефон, не в первый раз, но но этот раз после когда я попытался включить на экране появляется знак HTC и дальше не загружается и ни на что не действует... помогите пожалуйста... буду очень благодарен

I used google to translate from Russian:

"hello ... I ask to prompt me to my problem ... I have a HTC Vivid Androyd 4.0.3 .... I pulled out the battery without turning off the phone, not for the first time, but after this time but when I tried to turn appears on the screen on HTC and not loaded and on what does not work. .. please help ... I will be very grateful"

Kurt

Thank you It worked my Vivid is unlocked and ready for a new ROM ATT Can Suck it.

I'm having trouble unlocking my bootloader. I have followed what the HTCdev website has told me to do, up until the point where it says to type "fastboot oem get_identifier_token" into a command prompt. When I do it just says "fastboot is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program, or batch file" instead of the long list of numbers that I'm supposed to see.

Any ideas? Also, when I try to extract the fastboot binary for windows I downloaded from HTCdev it seems to have a folder called _MACOSX in it which "has a problem preventing it from being encrypted". Could that be it? Why would there even be a Mac folder with the Windows binary download? I expected some issues, but I didn't expect them this early!

EDIT: I figured out what was wrong, mostly the fact that I didn't unzip the fastboot command folder. Once I got that things went much easier.

Now I have done everything, yet I still can't uninstall any bloatware unless it was something I could already uninstall. Bootlogger is unlocked, phone is rooted (checked with root checker app) SU is installed, even the super user app shows up, but when I go to uninstall some things I get the exact same options. Can't remove Twitter, Friend Stream, etc. I'm honestly at a loss as to what the problem is.

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

Quote Originally Posted by ftbllplr View Post
    I'm having trouble unlocking my bootloader. I have followed what the HTCdev website has told me to do, up until the point where it says to type "fastboot oem get_identifier_token" into a command prompt. When I do it just says "fastboot is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program, or batch file" instead of the long list of numbers that I'm supposed to see.

Any ideas? Also, when I try to extract the fastboot binary for windows I downloaded from HTCdev it seems to have a folder called _MACOSX in it which "has a problem preventing it from being encrypted". Could that be it? Why would there even be a Mac folder with the Windows binary download? I expected some issues, but I didn't expect them this early!

EDIT: I figured out what was wrong, mostly the fact that I didn't unzip the fastboot command folder. Once I got that things went much easier.

Now I have done everything, yet I still can't uninstall any bloatware unless it was something I could already uninstall. Bootlogger is unlocked, phone is rooted (checked with root checker app) SU is installed, even the super user app shows up, but when I go to uninstall some things I get the exact same options. Can't remove Twitter, Friend Stream, etc. I'm honestly at a loss as to what the problem is.
    You need either 1) A Root App Uninstaller and/or 2) ES File Explorer. 1 is easy, 2 is easy with directions. Which option shall you choose?

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums
    Sent from my HTC DROID Vivid Ultra BoRKeD using Android Central Forums.

good day everyone! first of all excuse me for my poor english but i really need help. So, the problem is that: when im installing the wcxrecovery.img - he says that installig is aborted. Can sbody help me?

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

Check your messages. :-)

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

Alright I know this is an old post but I can't get super user on my phone. I've downloaded the zip file multiple ties with the sig on and off and ist is saying completely but doesn't do anything

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

All it is supposed to do is root your phone. It's supposed to install SuperUser, and you have to go inside the app and update the binary with just 2 taps.

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

idk if anyone is still active on this thread but I am trying to root my vivid and im stuck at the command prompt using the htcdev directions to unlock bootloader. I downloaded the fastboot file on htc and the fastboot file in the guide and extracted both and when I try to do the command sequence to get code I keep getting 'fastboot' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
    I am using computer with window 7 and have downloaded all the files the guide had listed prior to starting root. I am a uber noob at rooting and need guidance.
    any info would be very helpful thanks.

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

Did you set your directory to the Fastboot files?

Sent from my HTC One unfortunately from NSA, I mean, Verizon that is now unlocked.

i need help in fixing the calling volume on the calling mic . when calling its very low to hear and the other peoples on the other end of the line report that they hear me low.... i have this problem with the sense 4.1 ROM BoRkeD_RoM 3.7

i need help in fixing the calling volume on the calling mic . when calling its very low to hear and the other peoples on the other end of the line report that they hear me low.... i have this problem with the sense 4.1 ROM BoRkeD_RoM 3.7

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

Quote Originally Posted by Alex blair View Post
    I love that ROM, but there isn't a 100% fix to it, I guess antenna issues or something. But anyways, someone on XDA named Sunny side or sunny something, figured out a way to get the call to work, but he won't release it or something. I stopped looking because I hate doing experimental files on my primary phone.

Sent from my HTC One unfortunately from NSA, I mean, Verizon that is now unlocked.

Not done

I am running on windows 8.1 and have been trying all night to get my phone rooted. When I run the "fastboot oem get_identifier_token" while trying to unlock the bootloader the command prompt states <waiting for device>. It will sit there all night if I let it. I believe that it is a problem with the drivers. I was unable to get the drivers linked in the beginning of this post to work. I downloaded another set but I'm unsure if they work either.

Someone, please help. Thanks
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345