HTC Vivid 4.0.3 root help

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Download this one: Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip

Make sure you have not erased the /system .

Sent from my HTC Vivid BoRKed using Android Central Forums

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
OK,i downloadet it , i flash it , it abordet again, but i have superuser in my apps....i cant understand it..
here : http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/5513/leha.jpg is screen of error
its superuser 3,0,7 for android 2.0.3.2 but i have android ICS (4.0.3)
so its done??

The letters "efghi" mean what versions of Android they work with, Eclair, FroYo, Gingerbread, Honeycomb, Ice Cream Sandwich. If you see SuperUser in your apps, click on it and go to "Check for update". It should tell you if you're rooted correctly.

rompi

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone! I am trying to root my HTC Vivid 4.0.3 I have a coupe of question because i have hit roadblock,
1)the SuperUser file i have extract all n moved to my sd card is that ok?
2) when i run the command:fastboot flash recovery "wcxrecovery.img" it always says:'fastboot' is not recognized as an internal or external command,operable program or batch file, how can i fix this?

I appreciate all the help.

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone! I am trying to root my HTC Vivid 4.0.3 I have a coupe of question because i have hit roadblock,
1)the SuperUser file i have extract all n moved to my sd card is that ok?
2) when i run the command:fastboot flash recovery "wcxrecovery.img" it always says:'fastboot' is not recognized as an internal or external command,operable program or batch file, how can i fix this?

I appreciate all the help.

1) You're not supposed to extract/unzip the SuperUser file. At all. Just get the zip and place it on your SD card.

2) You downloaded the Fastboot Command Folder, right?

rompi

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
1) You're not supposed to extract/unzip the SuperUser file. At all. Just get the zip and place it on your SD card.

2) You downloaded the Fastboot Command Folder, right?

ok. I just returned the superuser to his original form n moved to my sd card.

second is the fastboot command folder this one Fastboot Folder: http://db.tt/2Zg3UeCw? then yes i downloaded if not i havent.

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I am using windows 7

Great! So that folder you downloaded with the 3 files, open that folder, and in a blank space in that window, hold down the Shift key and then right click. You should now see an option to "Open Command Window Here". Use that, and it should work now.

rompi

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Great! So that folder you downloaded with the 3 files, open that folder, and in a blank space in that window, hold down the Shift key and then right click. You should now see an option to "Open Command Window Here". Use that, and it should work now.

Thank you very much!!!! It work to perfection!!! I just follow the last steps from the first page n is ROOT n just run a root checker just to be sure!!! OperationA7X u have been of great help!!! =)

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Thank you very much!!!! It work to perfection!!! I just follow the last steps from the first page n is ROOT n just run a root checker just to be sure!!! OperationA7X u have been of great help!!! =)

No problem, it is what I do! :) Enjoy your rooted phone!

rompi

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone!!!!

what r the rom i can use n where i can find them? can i get rom from the app rom manager or rom toolbox n how?

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone!!!!

what r the rom i can use n where i can find them? can i get rom from the app rom manager or rom toolbox n how?

Here's a list. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1486024

Personally, I love the look of BoRKeD ROM, but if you're looking for tons of mods and stability, I suggest HOLLICS ROM.

There are others too, so take a look! :)

bobkitten

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys. My tech guy will come tomorrow and root and flash my phone as i am scared to death of this process. My vivid is having software issues (shuts off itself when asleep and wont restart without reinserting battery). From my research, most guys say that it is due to the software and bloatware etc.

What i need to know is which rom would best suit me. There are lots of them listed there. My phone comes with icecream 4.0.3. But i don't really need a fancy rom. Something stockish and minus all the junk and running smooth and fast.

I was told that WildChilds was the best but now that seems to be out of commission. Any recommendations?
And should i go up to jelly bean? Is it worth it?

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys. My tech guy will come tomorrow and root and flash my phone as i am scared to death of this process. My vivid is having software issues (shuts off itself when asleep and wont restart without reinserting battery). From my research, most guys say that it is due to the software and bloatware etc.

What i need to know is which rom would best suit me. There are lots of them listed there. My phone comes with icecream 4.0.3. But i don't really need a fancy rom. Something stockish and minus all the junk and running smooth and fast.

I was told that WildChilds was the best but now that seems to be out of commission. Any recommendations?
And should i go up to jelly bean? Is it worth it?

Yeah, WildChild had a ROM that was beautifully stock, but I'm not allowed to share it publicly. However, HOLLICS is ICS, stock, with fixes, mods, and tweaks. You can keep it stock, or change things around.

It's a similar clone to WCX. It's just not overclocked.

bobkitten

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
What are the benefits of an overclocked rom? Wondering if an overclocked one would suit me better.

I just read up on overclocking, and think it could be helpful, as currently when i run a few too many apps she does tend to get a bit slow.

Any other roms that you would recommend, that are just and good and stable but also overclocked? P.S stability btw is paramount. If need be i would sacrafice the overclocking feature.

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdvdbone88