Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC vivid headphone jack broken

So my phone's headphone jack doesn't seem to work. If I plug in headphones most of the time it doesn't even detect there are headphones plugged in. It will work if I press it in and move it to the side. I've tried cleaning it with a q-tip. Any suggestions? Is there any way I could get this fixed?

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

Default Re: HTC vivid headphone jack broken

Quote Originally Posted by redstern View Post
    So my phone's headphone jack doesn't seem to work. If I plug in headphones most of the time it doesn't even detect there are headphones plugged in. It will work if I press it in and move it to the side. I've tried cleaning it with a q-tip. Any suggestions? Is there any way I could get this fixed?
    Unfortunately, that's just how the audio jack is made. My headphones work, but my auxiliary cable won't be dectected when plugged in unless I use an adapter.

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums
    Sent from my HTC DROID Vivid Ultra BoRKeD using Android Central Forums.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

No but my headphones don't work on it. It will only work if I press it in hard and move it to the side. It will only detect headphones half the time.

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

Quote Originally Posted by redstern View Post
    No but my headphones don't work on it. It will only work if I press it in hard and move it to the side. It will only detect headphones half the time.
    That's what I'm saying, it depends on the cable.

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

The headphone jack is slightly wider than normal.

Really? different headphone jacks are different sizes? could you link to another website which confirms the adaptor you use? just a standard headphone extension I'd imagine. as every other headphone , aux lead or mic I've used fits, and works in any socket?

The HTCs seem to have sporadic prblems with its headphone jacks.

My girls phone won't hook up to her new sound system, but mine will...surely thats her phone which is out oforder....

<edit> Just solved the problem..sort of....tried every aux cable in the house...it worked only with the chubbie one my mate uses for his cd decks....

Headphones (even the htc) stick out 1mm but work fine, but aux cables...apart from the one I just pinched...do't work at all.

conclusion htc has expensive tastes for speakers out...hope that means the sound quality is something special.....
    Last edited by dowhatjohn; 01-11-2013 at 06:54 AM.

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

Quote Originally Posted by dowhatjohn View Post
    Really? different headphone jacks are different sizes? could you link to another website which confirms the adaptor you use? just a standard headphone extension I'd imagine. as every other headphone , aux lead or mic I've used fits, and works in any socket?

The HTCs seem to have sporadic prblems with its headphone jacks.

My girls phone won't hook up to her new sound system, but mine will...surely thats her phone which is out oforder....

<edit> Just solved the problem..sort of....tried every aux cable in the house...it worked only with the chubbie one my mate uses for his cd decks....

Headphones (even the htc) stick out 1mm but work fine, but aux cables...apart from the one I just pinched...do't work at all.

conclusion htc has expensive tastes for speakers out...hope that means the sound quality is something special.....
    They tend to use a fatter (wider) headphone jack, like, look at the picture. On the left, that black cable is a 3.5 mm to a 3.5 mm cable, and it won't work because its too narrow for the Vivid. However, if I plug that black cable into the gray cable on the right, which is a 3.5 mm male to a 3.5 mm female, and plug in the gray cable's 3.5 mm male connector, it works just fine.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HTC vivid headphone jack broken-uploadfromtaptalk1357928305379.jpg  

When I discovered that my headphone jack didn't work, they told me to take it to the work center (whatever it's called)...they checked it out and said it was defective...gave me a new phone.

Kurt
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

well I fixed it. It turns out that the only reason it didn't work was that there was a giant ball of dust at the bottom. Picked it out with a paperclip. Works now

hi I am briannica I have a HTC at t android cell phone and my screen is broken and I don't know how to get it fixed or where to go or how much it coasts and my headphone piece only lets me hear out of one headphone and if I move it a sertin way and hold it I can hear out of both and my charger piece is so loose and when I use my phone I have to keep it on charge to text, get on facebook and ect. my phone eve say someones when I play music that my mom is calling and she is always by me. when I turn it one it shuts right off and my battery is a little swollen and I don't know how much that is going to coast so I was wondering if you guys can help me.

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

Quote Originally Posted by Briannica Moore View Post
    hi I am briannica I have a HTC at t android cell phone and my screen is broken and I don't know how to get it fixed or where to go or how much it coasts and my headphone piece only lets me hear out of one headphone and if I move it a sertin way and hold it I can hear out of both and my charger piece is so loose and when I use my phone I have to keep it on charge to text, get on facebook and ect. my phone eve say someones when I play music that my mom is calling and she is always by me. when I turn it one it shuts right off and my battery is a little swollen and I don't know how much that is going to coast so I was wondering if you guys can help me.
    Screen cracked will be higher or lower depending on who you go to. Your charger piece isn't broken, the wires inside of the headphones are broken. Also sounds like you need a new USB cable. The battery usually isn't very expensive.

Sent from my HTC One unfortunately from NSA, I mean, Verizon that is now unlocked.