Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By troach76
  • 1 Post By stimmons68
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC Vivid with straight talk problems

I have a HTC Vivid that i used when I had att...i recently decided to go to straighttalk so i bought a straighttalk phone..i couldnt make the adjustment from the vivid to the new phone. I decided to use the st sim in the htc vivid and now i cant get the internet or pictures messages. ive went to the st webpage and have changed the apn settings..however i can not get the old apn from att the delete (it has a little lock on it) i can choose to use the new apn but it still doesnt work..is my issue because of the old apn is locked or because of the sim? do i need to buy a new sim onlilne from st or should the sim i received with the phone work? please help thanks

Default Re: HTC Vivid with straight talk problems

I am also using Straighttalk and a ATT vivid. I have the same thing and ATT APN with a padlock BUT the new APN I created for Straighttalk is set as the active one and everything works great!
    Here are the APN settings I am using:

NAME
    Straight Talk

APN
    att.mvno

PROXY
    proxy.mvno.tracfone.com

PORT

USERNAME
    leave as not set

PASSWORD
    leave as not set

SERVER
    leave as not set

MMSC

MMS proxy

MMS port

MMS protocol
    WAP 2.0

MCC

MNC

Authentication Type
    leave as not set

APN type
    leave as not set

BEARER
    Unspecified

When I first typed the proxy name into the phone it kept trying to spell correct it to PHone instead of Fone !!
    If you can get mms messages after this but still having trouble getting out on the web try leaving the 3rd option down in this list

PROXY
    as not set

Also dont forget that Straight Talk does not like video or audio streaming. That's a whole other can of worms.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks I have tried all of these options and it still will not work. Could it be that I'm using the sim that came with the straight talk phone and not a sim directly for att comparability...also there is no bearer option...

- - - Updated - - -

Compatable...also wanted to add that it wont let me select that apn now

update i have to put in a proxy or it will not let me select that apn...but still cant send or receive mms..or internet

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

Quote Originally Posted by Donell Hayes View Post
    Thanks I have tried all of these options and it still will not work. Could it be that I'm using the sim that came with the straight talk phone and not a sim directly for att comparability...also there is no bearer option...

- - - Updated - - -

update i have to put in a proxy or it will not let me select that apn...but still cant send or receive mms..or internet
    The best thing to have done would have been unlocking the phone at AT&T or some other store AND THEN taking it to another carrier that is also GSM.

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums
    Sent from my HTC DROID Vivid Ultra BoRKeD using Android Central Forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Donell Hayes View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I ordered my sim from Straight Talk as any GSM sim.

Humm , I wonder if the sims from their phones are slightly different settings

no unlocking is needed.

Once I type in 410 for the MNC and hit save it says its saved but nothing is saved. Help please!!

Quote Originally Posted by rigoberto fuentes View Post
    Once I type in 410 for the MNC and hit save it says its saved but nothing is saved. Help please!!
    I have the same problem, once i put in 410 it shows nothing...

I had this same exact problem last week. After spending a bunch of time researching this myself I found an app called Tweakker which will set up the APN settings automatically after you choose straight talk as your carrier.

Here are the settings I have on my nexus one right now:
    NAME:Tweakker
    APN: att.mvno
    MMSC:
    MMS proxy: 66.209.11.33
    MMS port: 80
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 410
    APN type: default,mms,*
    APN protocol: IPv4

everything else is blank. I would still use tweakker just because the app did it in about a min.

I have been using a Windows phones on straight talk for a couple years now, and it's soooo great to be able to send MMS like a normal person!

Good luck!

Well every time i put this in nothing works it doesn't save... sooooo....what do i do now?

I was in the same problem and I try all the ways and there is no one works ... So I call st and they tell me to buy another sim for AT&T phones so I just go to st web page and order a AT&T capable sim and that all I just put the sim on and my phone was working everything

I had an original straight talk phone, and have used the original sim that came with it in 3 android devices thus far. One being T-Mobile, the other latest being AT&T. My Vivid even runs LTE at times, lol. Anyway settings are the same as the other guys commented. BUT, for apn, I use "default,supl,hipri,mms" . And the authentication is set as "PAP", leave "Bearer" as Unspecified. And, I noticed that did make a difference for me. Might just be me? Try it.

Well as i said before, it is not everything else that i am having the problem with, it is the "410", every time i put it in it deletes the APN and wont save...Has anyone found a solution to this??

i have an htc vivid, just switched my sim, here are the settings i finaaly got to work, i have messaging and internet..
    1.APN Name: Straight Talk
    2.APN: tfdata
    3.Port: 80
    4.MMSC:
    5.MMS Proxy: mms3.tracfone.com
    6.MMS Port: 80
    7.Delete the current APN from your phone. if you can. (mine wouldnt let me)
    8.Reboot your phone.
    Thanked by:
    osunafallon likes this.

What did i do when my htc vivid says no sim card

mine did that also, i took out and replaced it a few times, it finally reset

Thank you so much!!! I have an HTC vivid from at&t and i could not get it to work until i entered this apn setting! just wanted to say thank you so much...

Quote Originally Posted by stimmons68 View Post
    i have an htc vivid, just switched my sim, here are the settings i finaaly got to work, i have messaging and internet..
    1.APN Name: Straight Talk
    2.APN: tfdata
    3.Port: 80
    4.MMSC:
    5.MMS Proxy: mms3.tracfone.com
    6.MMS Port: 80
    7.Delete the current APN from your phone. if you can. (mine wouldnt let me)
    8.Reboot your phone.

have a htc vidi setting still don't work mms messages, my phone is an at&t phone are there other setting in the phone I need to set.