Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Data stops working randomly ...anyone else having this problem?

I have to restart my phone once or twice a day to get my data to start working again...it will be fine and then all of a sudden it can't pull anything up...unless I have wifi...I also can't receive multimedia messages during this time...but as soon as I restart it everything works..until it does it again...any suggestions? This is getting quite annoying ...especially when I'm using the navigation and it just stops working right before I have to turn or something lol

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Android Central Forums
    OS History
    Palm OS, Windows Mobile 6, Blackberry 4.5, 5, and 6, and WebOS...no contest...Android Wins!

Default Re: Data stops working randomly ...anyone else having this problem?

I don't know if what happens to me is the same. I'll get on the Internet and pull up one of my bookmarks, say Google. It will start to download the page and then just sit there. I can be in 4G and/or 4GLTE with plenty of bars...and it just sits there. Mostly, what I do is just close the Internet and go back to the Internet...basically get out of the car and get back in. Or I might try a different bookmark. It seems like it gets stuck or something.

Kurt

Check back of phone case to make sure its on ALL the way. Could be as simple as one of the antenna leads in case back not touching all the way. Had this my rezound.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks! Ill be sure to check on that next time my data stops working!

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Android Central Forums
    OS History
    Palm OS, Windows Mobile 6, Blackberry 4.5, 5, and 6, and WebOS...no contest...Android Wins!

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

Quote Originally Posted by ghess517 View Post
    Check back of phone case to make sure its on ALL the way. Could be as simple as one of the antenna leads in case back not touching all the way. Had this my rezound.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums
    That can't be it, I'm using an extended battery without the case, unless you're referring to the body, then my mistake.

Back: Data stops working randomly ...anyone else having this problem?-uploadfromtaptalk1358723348485.jpg

Side: Data stops working randomly ...anyone else having this problem?-uploadfromtaptalk1358723389004.jpg

Front: Data stops working randomly ...anyone else having this problem?-uploadfromtaptalk1358723448986.jpg

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums
    Sent from my HTC DROID Vivid Ultra BoRKeD using Android Central Forums.

Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    ROM
    Popcorn

If you have WiFi on and have a poor signal the phone will often give loose data without jumping to the phone network, at least mine does that. If I turn the WiFi off then immediately it works.