Network Key for Hotspot

KurtTX

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
How do I find this? A while back, I tried to set up my phone as a hotspot but found out that I didn't have the right data plan. Well, now I do. I think I named the network and it actually shows up on my laptop, but it's secure and I need the network key. When I click on Portable Hotspot Settings, I get a screen that says "Settings has stopped unexpectedly. Would you like to tell HTC?" If I say No, I'm brought back to my the phone settings page. I'd rather not do the "Tell HTC" thing...that shouldn't really help things.

Do I need to go to the AT&T store?

Kurt

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
How do I find this? A while back, I tried to set up my phone as a hotspot but found out that I didn't have the right data plan. Well, now I do. I think I named the network and it actually shows up on my laptop, but it's secure and I need the network key. When I click on Portable Hotspot Settings, I get a screen that says "Settings has stopped unexpectedly. Would you like to tell HTC?" If I say No, I'm brought back to my the phone settings page. I'd rather not do the "Tell HTC" thing...that shouldn't really help things.

Do I need to go to the AT&T store?

Kurt

Wi-Fi Hotspot>Shows the HotSpot password.

On a similar note: If you would have either changed the file in the system or flashed a custom ROM, you'd have Wifi hotspot no matter your data limit. Using only 2 GB and I'm able to use my hotspot. ;)

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

KurtTX

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I can't find that command "Wi-Fi Hotspot". I have Settings > More > Tethering & Portable Hotspot > Portable Hotspot. But I don't see the password anywhere.

Kurt

KurtTX

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Spent 1-1/2 hours in the AT&T store...no joy. Ended up having to do a factory reset. All works now. Now comes the "fun" of resetting the phone to the way it used to be... :-(

Kurt

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae