Bricked...QHSUSB?

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
So my Vivid won't turn on past a lit black screen, and it is likely officially bricked. Another one from AT&T is already on the way. Until then, it's back to my old Palm Pre Plus.

Anyway, I sure don't want to lose the contents of the phone. (Music, documents, photos, etc.) When I plug it into a computer, it tells me it found new hardware, "QHSUSB_DLOAD," and needs a driver for it. Windows could not find a driver online. Is there any way, via this QHSUSB or something else, to access my phone's internal storage?

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
So my Vivid won't turn on past a lit black screen, and it is likely officially bricked. Another one from AT&T is already on the way. Until then, it's back to my old Palm Pre Plus.

Anyway, I sure don't want to lose the contents of the phone. (Music, documents, photos, etc.) When I plug it into a computer, it tells me it found new hardware, "QHSUSB_DLOAD," and needs a driver for it. Windows could not find a driver online. Is there any way, via this QHSUSB or something else, to access my phone's internal storage?

What did you do? HTC phones are very difficult to brick. Tell us what you did so we can help.

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
To my recollection, nothing. I used the phone, put it in my pocket, checked it 15 minutes later only to find out that it was stuck in this unresponsive state.

Pulling out the battery and placing it back in still shows the same signs?

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
When I press the power button, my screen lights up but it's a black light and that's it. After a few seconds, it shuts off again.

I had that same issue on my last Vivid, but that was because I was replacing the digitizer and my brother bumped me and caused me to slightly bend a chip. I guess there is nothing you can do, hardware failed.