- 6 Posts
CWM Recovery Will Not Boot
So I installed Rom Manager and the ClockworkMod 220.127.116.11 Recovery onto my Vivid. But it refuses to allow me to boot into my Recovery (both booting it thru Rom Manager, and thru HBOOT). When I attempt to boot into Recovery, it just sits at the HTC Splash screen and stays there until I pop my battery out. I heard that the current version of CWM has problems like this, but I have no idea how to downgrade to a different recovery. Can someone help le noob? I really want to use other ROMs but can't given that now it won't let me boot into recovery! I'm preatty new at this but deffinitely want to learn!
- 02-12-2013, 05:12 PM #3
- 1,434 Posts
- BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock
Re: CWM Recovery Will Not Boot
Yeah, the smart people tend to stay away from CWM. It has too many bugs, and there have been instances of hard bricking devices.
Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central ForumsSent from my HTC DROID Vivid Ultra BoRKeD using Android Central Forums.
- By Noahkt in forum Optimus V Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 5Last Post: 01-16-2012, 02:05 AM
- By UWPVIOLATOR in forum HP TouchpadReplies: 27Last Post: 12-19-2011, 04:54 AM
- By windserpent in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 6Last Post: 10-10-2011, 02:39 AM
- By buckie bo in forum Optimus V Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 40Last Post: 07-15-2011, 11:32 PM
- By bz1906 in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 4Last Post: 06-12-2011, 08:45 AM