Replaced Digitizer, No Sound through Earpiece

tehjosheh

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
So i successfully (sort of) replaced my digitizer to find that everything functioned correctly except for one thing; i have no sound through the earpiece.

I do have sound through the speaker, but the actual earpiece used in-calls does not produce any sound.

After assembling the phone, i disassembled again and reconnected every ribbon cable to see if that was the issue - it was not. I did, however, notice when looking at the white and black wire that i had punctured the black wire with a screw.

Could this be the issue? If so, should i just try to add some solder to the exposed wire and maybe electrical tape it up??

any help/info would be MUCH appreciated!!!

Thank you.

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
So i successfully (sort of) replaced my digitizer to find that everything functioned correctly except for one thing; i have no sound through the earpiece.

I do have sound through the speaker, but the actual earpiece used in-calls does not produce any sound.

After assembling the phone, i disassembled again and reconnected every ribbon cable to see if that was the issue - it was not. I did, however, notice when looking at the white and black wire that i had punctured the black wire with a screw.

Could this be the issue? If so, should i just try to add some solder to the exposed wire and maybe electrical tape it up??

any help/info would be MUCH appreciated!!!

Thank you.

Yes. Worth a shot.

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown