Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Replaced Digitizer, No Sound through Earpiece

So i successfully (sort of) replaced my digitizer to find that everything functioned correctly except for one thing; i have no sound through the earpiece.

I do have sound through the speaker, but the actual earpiece used in-calls does not produce any sound.

After assembling the phone, i disassembled again and reconnected every ribbon cable to see if that was the issue - it was not. I did, however, notice when looking at the white and black wire that i had punctured the black wire with a screw.

Could this be the issue? If so, should i just try to add some solder to the exposed wire and maybe electrical tape it up??

any help/info would be MUCH appreciated!!!

Thank you.

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

Default Re: Replaced Digitizer, No Sound through Earpiece

Quote Originally Posted by tehjosheh View Post
    So i successfully (sort of) replaced my digitizer to find that everything functioned correctly except for one thing; i have no sound through the earpiece.

I do have sound through the speaker, but the actual earpiece used in-calls does not produce any sound.

After assembling the phone, i disassembled again and reconnected every ribbon cable to see if that was the issue - it was not. I did, however, notice when looking at the white and black wire that i had punctured the black wire with a screw.

Could this be the issue? If so, should i just try to add some solder to the exposed wire and maybe electrical tape it up??

any help/info would be MUCH appreciated!!!

Thank you.
    Yes. Worth a shot.

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums
    Sent from my HTC DROID Vivid Ultra BoRKeD using Android Central Forums.