Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default LG HTC VIVID for AT&T Stuck on HTC White Screen

    My HTC Vivid turned a black lit screen when I put it to charge, I later took off the battery and restarted and it's now stuck on the HTC white screen.
    I've seen many posts on this issue, but I cannot seem to get this solved as I cannot connect my phone to my PC because for some reason it just won't be detected on HTC sync or anything.
    People say go to your phone to tick USB Debugging, that's just it, I can't, stuck. on. HTC white screen.
    I cannot run the RUU I've been hearing about to even find out if it works or not.


    Help on this would be appreciated.
  2. #2  
    OperationA7X's Avatar

    Posts
    1,422 Posts
    ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

    Default Re: LG HTC VIVID for AT&T Stuck on HTC White Screen

    Quote Originally Posted by Fadewolf View Post
    My HTC Vivid turned a black lit screen when I put it to charge, I later took off the battery and restarted and it's now stuck on the HTC white screen.
    I've seen many posts on this issue, but I cannot seem to get this solved as I cannot connect my phone to my PC because for some reason it just won't be detected on HTC sync or anything.
    People say go to your phone to tick USB Debugging, that's just it, I can't, stuck. on. HTC white screen.
    I cannot run the RUU I've been hearing about to even find out if it works or not.


    Help on this would be appreciated.
    You can run the RUU as long as you have HTC Drivers (In this case, you have HTC Sync), ability to turn on phone, and a good USB cord.

    1) Boot into HBOOT menu.

    [Achieve this by holding Volume Down + Power until you see 3 Androids on skateboards on the bottom of the screen.]

    2) Using the Volume Buttons, navigate to FASTBOOT and use the Power button to select it.

    3) Connect your phone to your PC, and confirm your phone is connected by looking at the Vivid's screen and locate the red banner, it should say "FASTBOOT USB" and not just "FASTBOOT".

    4) Run the RUU.

    [If you don't already have it, download it here: ]

    5) Follow on-screen instructions.

    6) Done.

    Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums
    Sent from my HTC DROID Vivid Ultra BoRKeD using Android Central Forums.
    Thanked by:
  3. #3  
    OperationA7X's Avatar

    Posts
    1,422 Posts
    ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

    Default Re: LG HTC VIVID for AT&T Stuck on HTC White Screen

    Quote Originally Posted by Fadewolf View Post
    My HTC Vivid turned a black lit screen when I put it to charge, I later took off the battery and restarted and it's now stuck on the HTC white screen.
    I've seen many posts on this issue, but I cannot seem to get this solved as I cannot connect my phone to my PC because for some reason it just won't be detected on HTC sync or anything.
    People say go to your phone to tick USB Debugging, that's just it, I can't, stuck. on. HTC white screen.
    I cannot run the RUU I've been hearing about to even find out if it works or not.


    Help on this would be appreciated.
    Follow up question: LG HTC Vivid? LG Never made this phone.

    Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums
    Sent from my HTC DROID Vivid Ultra BoRKeD using Android Central Forums.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: LG HTC VIVID for AT&T Stuck on HTC White Screen

    I have done this & when I go to REBOOT under the RED FASTBOOT USB my phone just goes back to the whitescreen!
  5. #5  
    Splitz's Avatar

    Posts
    53 Posts
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts

    Default Re: LG HTC VIVID for AT&T Stuck on HTC White Screen

    Ensure you are using a Windows Vista or Windows 7 machine.

    I've had multiple problems with my Win8 64bit to see my Vivid other than SD Card...
  6. #6  
    OperationA7X's Avatar

    Posts
    1,422 Posts
    ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

    Default Re: LG HTC VIVID for AT&T Stuck on HTC White Screen

    This is yet another reason why I don't like Windows 8:

    LG HTC VIVID for AT&T Stuck on HTC White Screen-uploadfromtaptalk1365973888386.jpg

    Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums
    Sent from my HTC DROID Vivid Ultra BoRKeD using Android Central Forums.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: LG HTC VIVID for AT&T Stuck on HTC White Screen

    Quote Originally Posted by OperationA7X View Post
    You can run the RUU as long as you have HTC Drivers (In this case, you have HTC Sync), ability to turn on phone, and a good USB cord.

    1) Boot into HBOOT menu.

    [Achieve this by holding Volume Down + Power until you see 3 Androids on skateboards on the bottom of the screen.]

    2) Using the Volume Buttons, navigate to FASTBOOT and use the Power button to select it.

    3) Connect your phone to your PC, and confirm your phone is connected by looking at the Vivid's screen and locate the red banner, it should say "FASTBOOT USB" and not just "FASTBOOT".

    4) Run the RUU.

    [If you don't already have it, download it here: ]

    5) Follow on-screen instructions.

    6) Done.

    Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums
    Hi there, been trying to fix my vivid using this guide several times and I've been to many other forums as well and nothing seems to work. Following this guide, it does one of two things: It either quits because it says battery is under 30%, which it's not because it was 90% charged when I started it, or it stops with an error message and the RUU never completes.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: LG HTC VIVID for AT&T Stuck on HTC White Screen

    I have the same problem its just that when I run the ruu my phone just tells me that the update failed. Then it tries to repair it and doesnt work go through all the steps to reapir it and it still shows the white screen.

    HELP!!!
  9. #9  
    OperationA7X's Avatar

    Posts
    1,422 Posts
    ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

    Default Re: LG HTC VIVID for AT&T Stuck on HTC White Screen

    Have you updated it at all? Or modded it in any way? That hinders it. Is the boot loader locked or relocked?

    Sent from my HTC One unfortunately from Verizon
    Sent from my HTC DROID Vivid Ultra BoRKeD using Android Central Forums.
  10. #10  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    2,691 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

    Default Re: LG HTC VIVID for AT&T Stuck on HTC White Screen

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Abidde View Post
    I have the same problem its just that when I run the ruu my phone just tells me that the update failed. Then it tries to repair it and doesnt work go through all the steps to reapir it and it still shows the white screen.

    HELP!!!
    You usually need S-OFF to run an RUU. Have you flashed a rom or a recovery? Also if you unlocked the bootloader, you should relock it.
    It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J. K Rowling

    "If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

    "The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix
  11. #11  
    OperationA7X's Avatar

    Posts
    1,422 Posts
    ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

    Default Re: LG HTC VIVID for AT&T Stuck on HTC White Screen

    You don't need to S-OFF that's just if you want to run any RUU from any update. Running the wrong RUU renders a hard brick, hence, why I won't even S-OFF. I have no need to flash antennas, and I have time to flash the boot.img.

    Sent from my HTC One unfortunately from Verizon
    Sent from my HTC DROID Vivid Ultra BoRKeD using Android Central Forums.
  12. #12  
    OperationA7X's Avatar

    Posts
    1,422 Posts
    ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

    Default Re: LG HTC VIVID for AT&T Stuck on HTC White Screen

    If you updated when HTC sent out that minor update to most of its devices in 2012, that could also cause some issues, although I didn't think a small update like that could cause it.

    Sent from my HTC One unfortunately from Verizon
    Sent from my HTC DROID Vivid Ultra BoRKeD using Android Central Forums.
  13. #13  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    2,691 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

    Default Re: LG HTC VIVID for AT&T Stuck on HTC White Screen

    Quote Originally Posted by OperationA7X View Post
    You don't need to S-OFF that's just if you want to run any RUU from any update. Running the wrong RUU renders a hard brick, hence, why I won't even S-OFF. I have no need to flash antennas, and I have time to flash the boot.img.

    Sent from my HTC One unfortunately from Verizon
    I'm use to the HTC One X where you can flash a bunch of RUU's to change the hboot :P. S-OFF is pretty nifty for flashing roms and such.
    It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J. K Rowling

    "If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

    "The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix
  14. #14  
    OperationA7X's Avatar

    Posts
    1,422 Posts
    ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

    Default Re: LG HTC VIVID for AT&T Stuck on HTC White Screen

    And it's useful for that, but have you tried to S-OFF a Vivid?

    Sent from my HTC One unfortunately from Verizon
    Sent from my HTC DROID Vivid Ultra BoRKeD using Android Central Forums.
  15. #15  
    OperationA7X's Avatar

    Posts
    1,422 Posts
    ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

    Default Re: LG HTC VIVID for AT&T Stuck on HTC White Screen

    It's not easy and a pain if done wrong.

    Sent from my HTC One unfortunately from Verizon
    Sent from my HTC DROID Vivid Ultra BoRKeD using Android Central Forums.
  16. #16  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    2,691 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

    Default Re: LG HTC VIVID for AT&T Stuck on HTC White Screen

    Quote Originally Posted by OperationA7X View Post
    It's not easy and a pain if done wrong.

    Sent from my HTC One unfortunately from Verizon
    I have a toolkit I made with an S-OFF procedure built in. Are you referring to the wire tapping procedure?
    It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J. K Rowling

    "If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

    "The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix
  17. #17  
    OperationA7X's Avatar

    Posts
    1,422 Posts
    ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

    Default Re: LG HTC VIVID for AT&T Stuck on HTC White Screen

    Yep.

    Sent from my HTC One unfortunately from Verizon
    Sent from my HTC DROID Vivid Ultra BoRKeD using Android Central Forums.
  18. #18  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    2,691 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

    Default Re: LG HTC VIVID for AT&T Stuck on HTC White Screen

    Quote Originally Posted by OperationA7X View Post
    Yep.

    Sent from my HTC One unfortunately from Verizon
    If done correctly, it's worth it! But I think it won't hurt people if they don't get S-OFF.

    Sent from my One Xl using Tapatalk
    It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J. K Rowling

    "If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

    "The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix
  19. #19  
    OperationA7X's Avatar

    Posts
    1,422 Posts
    ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

    Default Re: LG HTC VIVID for AT&T Stuck on HTC White Screen

    I S-OFF'd my One, that was very easy. I may actually consider getting a custom HBOOT!

    Sent from my HTC One unfortunately from Verizon
    Sent from my HTC DROID Vivid Ultra BoRKeD using Android Central Forums.
  20. #20  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    2,691 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

    Default Re: LG HTC VIVID for AT&T Stuck on HTC White Screen

    Quote Originally Posted by OperationA7X View Post
    I S-OFF'd my One, that was very easy. I may actually consider getting a custom HBOOT!

    Sent from my HTC One unfortunately from Verizon
    I think it's easier to get S-OFF on the newer models.

    Sent from my One Xl using Tapatalk
    It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J. K Rowling

    "If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

    "The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix
  21. #21  
    OperationA7X's Avatar

    Posts
    1,422 Posts
    ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

    Default Re: LG HTC VIVID for AT&T Stuck on HTC White Screen

    But why is that? You would think it would be harder to unlock newer phones with less exploits.

    Sent from my HTC One unfortunately from Verizon
    Sent from my HTC DROID Vivid Ultra BoRKeD using Android Central Forums.
  22. #22  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    2,691 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

    Default Re: LG HTC VIVID for AT&T Stuck on HTC White Screen

    Quote Originally Posted by OperationA7X View Post
    But why is that? You would think it would be harder to unlock newer phones with less exploits.

    Sent from my HTC One unfortunately from Verizon
    I'm sure the same methods used to get S-OFF on the newer phones can be used to find a new way to get S-OFF on the Vivid.

    Sent from my One Xl using Tapatalk
    It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J. K Rowling

    "If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

    "The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix
  23. #23  
    OperationA7X's Avatar

    Posts
    1,422 Posts
    ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

    Default Re: LG HTC VIVID for AT&T Stuck on HTC White Screen

    Other than the wire trick?

    Sent from my HTC One unfortunately from Verizon
    Sent from my HTC DROID Vivid Ultra BoRKeD using Android Central Forums.
  24. #24  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    2,691 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

    Default Re: LG HTC VIVID for AT&T Stuck on HTC White Screen

    Quote Originally Posted by OperationA7X View Post
    Other than the wire trick?

    Sent from my HTC One unfortunately from Verizon
    Yeah. They probably can if they really wanted.

    Sent from my One Xl using Tapatalk
    It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J. K Rowling

    "If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

    "The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix
  25. #25  
    OperationA7X's Avatar

    Posts
    1,422 Posts
    ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

    Default Re: LG HTC VIVID for AT&T Stuck on HTC White Screen

    Guess I'd have to play with my Vivid.

    Sent from my HTC One unfortunately from Verizon
    Sent from my HTC DROID Vivid Ultra BoRKeD using Android Central Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. HTC N1 for AT&T... How to know?
    By xmatter in forum Google / HTC Nexus One
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-16-2012, 12:36 AM
  2. htc desire stuck on HTC logo
    By Gsm UK in forum HTC Desire
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-26-2011, 06:46 AM
  3. Flashed and ROOTED htc Hero stuck on htc quietly brilliant screen
    By benamaya in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-10-2011, 03:30 AM
  4. stuck on htc evo 4g screen
    By bocadave in forum HTC EVO 4G Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-19-2011, 01:49 PM
  5. stuck on htc screen
    By fdupmyphone in forum HTC Hero
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-24-2010, 09:51 PM

Posting Permissions

B