PC doesn't see external sdcard via USB

bruce7373

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm running the latest CM nightly (JB 4.1.2) on my Vivid. When I connect to my PC via USB, after Windows installs drivers, it only sees the internal storage, not the sd card. And, of course, there's no way to navigate to it.

It use to mount them both as separate drives, but that may have been back when I was still on the stock HTC ICS, I don't remember. I did uninstall HTC Sync and drivers when I rooted and went to CM, but I did install the Google USB driver. Do I still need HTC Sync?

Also, when I disconnect from the PC, I use safely remove hardware to unmount, but then have to go to Settings to manually mount the sdcard. I don't recall ever having to do that before.

Edit: nm, got it sorted, thanks to another member. Reboot into recovery and mount the card for USB there.

Last edited:

bruce7373

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
using those roms seem like a lot of trouble kinda like owning an iphone

I had an iPhone. Trust me this is no trouble at all, lol. Besides, if it wasn't for rooting and being able to flash a custom rom, I'd never have JB on this phone. This really isn't a problem since the remedy is so simple. I would like to know, though, if this relates to JB in general or this rom in particular.

Edit: turns out it is a ROM issue. I flashed PAC and both drives are visible without having to mount the sdcard in Recovery.

Sent from my Vivid 4G using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

adamisadam

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
You guys are talking way over my head but I'm hoping you can help me out: All of a sudden when I connect my UBS to the PC the phone is not visible at all. It's charging, but that's it.

I'm running a stock EVO LTE on 4.1.1, Software version: 3.16.651.3 71 ORD

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary