Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tinmaptd
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Phone acting strange

my phone is acting like it's been controlled by someone else and they are screwing with it. Wen listening to music it would randomly calls people, for a few second, then end the call, over and over. Even when the phone screen is lock it still calls people, and when listening to music the phone would call random people, and the music restart. Why is it like this? are there viruses on my phone>?

Default Re: Phone acting strange

Welcome to Android Central!

How long have you owned the phone? Phones can start to malfunction over time, and I've read similar problems described in other posts. I assume you've updated your phone to the latest available OS version (under Settings/About Phone/Software Update). You might just have to bite the bullet and do a factory data rest, which will erase all of your local data (so make sure it's all backed up). You'll have to reinstall all of your apps afterwards as well.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I'm planning to do a factory reset, but i am trying to copy all the contact. I own this phone for a year now, but still don't know it very well. Where is the contact list? I only have call history and the "people" tab which are incomplete

Your contacts should be in your People app. Make sure that you're displaying all contacts--check the menu settings.

Posted via Android Central App
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I factory reset the phone storage and the Sd card, and the problem still exist. Is it time to get a new phone?

Maybe. You could try contacting HTC Support to see if there's anything they can do.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Maybe. You could try contacting HTC Support to see if there's anything they can do.
    Ok I did some further testing, and you won't believe it, but...
    the reason is because I was listening to my music with the headset. If i use the speaker, none of it happens. I am not joking, and I can't understand why or how this happened. I have not tested with different headset yet, will do later, but how do i fix this weird problem?

That's pretty weird. Some headphones might include remote controls that allow you to send a limited number of commands to the phone, so I wonder if there's something weird about your headphone's plug that is triggering some of these commands. Still, those commands should only be limited to things like Play, Pause, Skip to Next Track, etc.

It should be pretty easy to test out a different pair of headphones to see if the same problems happens.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

yeah I did some further testing and I am sure the root of the problem isthe headphone that I am using. I used a different one and nothing occur
    B. Diddy likes this.

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

Well B. Diddy, I used to get a pair of earbuds that had only one button. Press once, play pause, press twice, calls last dialed number. I'm thinking his earbuds did the latter.

Sent from my HTC Vivid CM10 using Android Central Forums
    Sent from my HTC DROID Vivid Ultra BoRKeD using Android Central Forums.
    Thanked by:
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

well i noticed that my headphone (skull candy) have a button but that is for microphone. I do think having a microphone and a headset signal coming to the same place cause problem

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

Quote Originally Posted by tinmaptd View Post
    well i noticed that my headphone (skull candy) have a button but that is for microphone. I do think having a microphone and a headset signal coming to the same place cause problem
    If it clicks, it's the standard button.

Sent from my HTC Vivid CM10 using Android Central Forums
    Sent from my HTC DROID Vivid Ultra BoRKeD using Android Central Forums.