- 6 Posts
power button broken
Anyone else had this problem and a solution? For a week or so, the power button would be stuck down. So pressing "home" would take a picture. Very frustrating! Now the power button has no effect at all. If the phone is on, I can't turn it off; if it's off (or sleeping), I can't turn it on. Basically a brick now. I can turn it on (wake it up) by removing and reinstalling battery. Not a solution with the 81 updating apps issue...
Anyone have an idea?
Posted via Android Central App
- 09-18-2013, 10:22 PM #2
- 1,371 Posts
- WCX/1.5 GHz Illuminati x1
Re: power button broken
Could be that you need to unstick the button. Happens to me occasionally. Disassembled my phone, cleaned it out, and works fine! I don't recommend trying what I did unless you know what you're doing.
Sent from my HTC Vivid BoRKed using Android Central ForumsFrom HTC Vivid WCX using Android Forums.
- 09-19-2013, 10:38 AM #3
- By preppystud in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 17Last Post: 10-02-2013, 04:17 PM
- By gamoses in forum Motorola Droid MAXXReplies: 6Last Post: 09-24-2013, 04:19 PM
- By Taylor York in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 17Last Post: 09-23-2013, 12:32 AM
Revived my Nexus 4 after realizing it's in my pocket in the pool... Navigation buttons acting weird?By nexusJesus in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 4Last Post: 09-17-2013, 08:28 AM
- By Roy Nolan in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 0Last Post: 09-16-2013, 09:07 PM