1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Connector broke for charging and data transfer

The connection where I charge the phone has been broken for months now and I just bought an external battery charger that I have been using and switching out the batteries when they are dead. I have a new issue with the phone now so I am going to pay the insurance claim for them to send me a new one. But I have an issue; normally I get new phones and I either take them to the store to transfer the data or do it myself; but with the connector not working where the data transfer cable would go, that is not an option. Are there any other ways to transfer my data that do not involve the use of a cable?

Global Posts
    5,528 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Default Re: Connector broke for charging and data transfer

Quote Originally Posted by Kristen Bernard View Post
    The connection where I charge the phone has been broken for months now and I just bought an external battery charger that I have been using and switching out the batteries when they are dead. I have a new issue with the phone now so I am going to pay the insurance claim for them to send me a new one. But I have an issue; normally I get new phones and I either take them to the store to transfer the data or do it myself; but with the connector not working where the data transfer cable would go, that is not an option. Are there any other ways to transfer my data that do not involve the use of a cable?
    What do you need to transfer? Pretty sure the Vivid has an SD card slot. You can put one in and save all your pics/vids and contacts on there and then put it in the new phone when you get it.
    You can also backup your data to the cloud and redownload it onto your new phone
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I need to transfer my contacts and pics/vids but the problem is I have more contacts than my SD card allows.

How does the cloud back up work?

Global Posts
    5,528 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

I need to transfer my contacts and pics/vids but the problem is I have more contacts than my SD card allows.

How does the cloud back up work?
    Depends on which one you use. I use Dropbox to save all my pictures and my contacts are synced with my Gmail account. How many GB of photos do you have?

Posted via Android Central App
    Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    Depends on which one you use. I use Dropbox to save all my pictures and my contacts are synced with my Gmail account. How many GB of photos do you have?

Posted via Android Central App
    I am familiar with Dropbox and I have the app on my phone already so I am in the process of transferring all of my pics and videos.

And thanks to your help I just realized all of my contacts are also backed up on Gmail so that is going to help a lot. I normally use Yahoo but I just realized that I also have my Gmail account for my phone purchases and there were all of my contacts.

Global Posts
    5,528 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

I am familiar with Dropbox and I have the app on my phone already so I am in the process of transferring all of my pics and videos.

And thanks to your help I just realized all of my contacts are also backed up on Gmail so that is going to help a lot. I normally use Yahoo but I just realized that I also have my Gmail account for my phone purchases and there were all of my contacts.
    Awesome, good luck
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    Awesome, good luck
    One quick question though; I went on my Gmail contacts and deleted some duplicates but I notice that the changes are not recognized on my old phone. I am still waiting for the new one to arrive, but wanted to be ready when it does. Any ideas how I can have my changes show in my contacts on the phone?

Global Posts
    5,528 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

One quick question though; I went on my Gmail contacts and deleted some duplicates but I notice that the changes are not recognized on my old phone. I am still waiting for the new one to arrive, but wanted to be ready when it does. Any ideas how I can have my changes show in my contacts on the phone?
    No, sorry

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

Settings>Accounts & Sync>Google>Contacts

"Touch to sync now"

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums
    Sent from my HTC DROID Vivid Ultra BoRKeD using Android Central Forums.
    Thanked by: