wanna root my vivid, need tutorial

DCBamBam

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I want to root my HTC Vivid but I'm a little nervous because I dnt have computer n range and a tutorial I can trust. I would like a tutorial I can use straight from my phone and not turning sound off . Can any one help me?

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I want to root my HTC Vivid but I'm a little nervous because I dnt have computer n range and a tutorial I can trust. I would like a tutorial I can use straight from my phone and not turning sound off . Can any one help me?

Welcome to the forums.
I just PM'd a friend of mine with a Vivid. Give him time, he visits the forums every few days.

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
You need a PC to root your Vivid. Unlesd your Vivid magically has Android 2.1 (?clair) installed, you have to use a PC. I made a rooting guide in the Vivid section, let me get you a link.

Sent from my HTC Vivid BoRKed using Android Central Forums

DCBamBam

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Alright so I have begun my process on the first vivid but I am really getting pissed with the htcdev white screen problem, I have been trying this all day. Wen I try to unlock the bootloader it goes to a white screen n stays there. Please help me I'm pulling my hair out...

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I've never had that problem. Does this happen when before or after you flash the unlock token?

Sent from my HTC Vivid BoRKed using Android Central Forums

DCBamBam

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Wen I would try to unlock the bootloader using the HTCdev I would select HTC vivid from the drop down menu n then, hit the green button. After that the screen would go completely white on my brothers laptop. I was however able to get past that part using my wifes vivid lol as a computer, but wen I got to the token process when I had to copy n paste, of course I couldn't so I had to type it in n I got "token error, token is to long" I'm sure I put it in correct.

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Can you give me a screenshot from your PC or phone? That's odd. But you do copy the whole token over right? From where it says "<<<Start Here>>>" or something like that.

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums

DreamPCs

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Just try using a different browser on that website. Seems to me it was either a server issue or a browser issue.

Sent from my Vivid 4G using Tapatalk

DCBamBam

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Sooo its been a while but I'm trouble trying to unlock the bootloader I think I'm just completely missing steps to rooting my phone

DCBamBam

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I had those folders but for some reason it wasn't registering n giving me the unlock token.....smh

DCBamBam

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
No I got stuck there becuase I was goin to use wildchild but then I found out that twrp was faster I wanna know which one is safer and better

DCBamBam

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
So I rooted my phone using TWRP But now wen I have flashed my custom ROM, it get stuck on the CM boot screen n doesn't go further, PLEASE HELP.......:.............

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
1) I didn't like TWRP on the Vivid, it flashed a ROM incorrectly and backed up weird. 2) You probably didn't flash the "boot.img" that was inside the CM ROM. When you flash the boot.img and get CM working, can you tell me if the call audio bug is still there?

DCBamBam

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I have it now I had to also flash the boot.img . and if ur talking about how look low the volume is then yes its still here. Along with the SD card issue n camera problem...... Smh

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
If you want a stock (AOSP/CM) Android experience, V.I. was decent for the Vivid. Only thing that sucked was the contacts app.

WCX is mostly stable, but I had a problem with the SystemUI crashing every time I held down the Home button to look at recent apps in the Sense 4 look. Fixed it by installing KitKat Google Play Services and setting my recent apps screen to Default ICS look. BoRKeD ROM was and is beautiful looking; however, occasionally, the phone would do the screen of death whe4e, when you turned your screen off, sometimes, it would not turn back on until you pulled the battery and restarted the phone. Also, the GPS would break for some reason occasionally. Once when I was playing Ingress with other L8s, my GPS decided to break. The phone still showed it was on, and I was able to turn it on and off, but the connection where the phone actually read the GPS was broken until a reboot. And Beats Audio didn't work on ear buds, and the output speaker for media had too much bass and sounded terrible.

It is time to choose.

DCBamBam

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm curious to try one of them now. Im currently using cm-10.2-Albinoman which is jb 4.3.1 n its great still very very small bugs but nth cf crazy to me

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci