1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC Vivid: Getting flaky

Odd series of events the other day. The phone rebooted in the middle of my using it, and when it was done, several apps had the generic icon and when tapped an "app not installed" message popped up. I rebooted again, and no change. Rebooted again, and...they were back! At that point it was time to crash so I plugged the phone in with the screen on and left it. Next morning I discovered the screen was still on, and it wouldn't shut off unless I used the power button. The timeout feature had just quit. So, I rebooted yet again, and the timeout worked again, and the phone has been fine since. Eligible for upgrade in July, I hope it makes it lol.....

Posted from my Nexus 7 2013 via Android Central App
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 01-14-2014 at 10:00 PM.

Default Re: HTC Vivid: Getting flaky

Mine was starting to get a little flaky too, not nearly that bad though XD. I recommend you root and flash a new rom to your phone. I ended up doing this and going with the WildChild illuminati series roms and it's pretty fantastic. wcxxperia-nce.com is where you can find his roms (they won't show up until you've reached the required number of posts though).

His roms are basically modified stock roms without the bloatware. He has them tweaked to run faster (1.5 ghz, like this phone was meant to run at), get better battery life, and just overall be smoother operating. It's worth the trouble and should fix the issues your having.

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

Default Re: HTC Vivid: Getting flaky

What Foxhound said. The most stable ROM there is for the Vivid in my opinion.

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app
    Sent from my HTC DROID Vivid Ultra BoRKeD using Android Central Forums.