GPS problems.

Foxhound221

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys, so let me give you the backstory first.

I decided to root my phone and install a custom rom. I spent the time to do it and the install went without a hitch. I opted for WCX illuminati series roms (this has been a really great rom by the way) and recovery. I loaded everything up and things worked great. Later on though I went to use the gps and it was acting a little weird on google maps. I wasn't sure what was going on but it wasn't live updating and it wasn't quite right about the direction I was pointing. It was roughly 300 to 400 yards off of my actual location but managed to pin down my area. I asked WildChild and he said that he hadn't ever came across any gps issues with his roms. (I fully believe him as he seems to be a great dev and has taken the time to help me out when I've had questions).

I have reflashed the rom and switched back to a backup I had of stock, all to no avail. I got gps status toolbox and it just keeps searching for a gps signal.

Essentially, I've come here to see if you guys have any suggestions on what I should do to try and fix this problem. I've never had this issue before I rooted my phone. Could it just be a first time use of the gps takes far longer than what I think it should? (I figure maybe five minutes and I should have a lock for first time use)

Thanks for any and all help you guys can provide!

Foxhound221

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
If any mods could close this thread that would be great. I've fixed the issue and I'm glad I posted so maybe if somebody else has this issue they will find this.

In a nutshell, I deleted things that looked unimportant (widgets mainly, but I'm sure I deleted some other things that I thought looked unimportant) and that was the cause of this whole gps fiasco. :-X It will now live track me and is working like a charm. Gps status finds a lock pretty fast too (under 20 seconds)

Remember kids, don't delete yo widgets and other misc. things that look unimportant :D lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae