HTC VIvid frozen with black backlight on

trigu286

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
I have had my HTC Vivid for almost 1 year now. I have done nothing to it so it's bone stock in terms of rooting. While using it to send a simple text, the phone froze up and I could not do anything. There was no tactile vibration feedback from the buttons, nothing. I couldn't even turn off the phone with the power button so I had to resort to removing the battery pack. After putting it back in and turning it on, I got the HTC logo screen and left it on my desk. Coming back to the phone after 2-3 minutes everything is off. I assumed that battery might be dead so I hooked it up to the charger with no avail. There was no charging light, nothing. After multiple attempts to turn it on, the backlight turns on but with nothing on the screen so it is just black. I have tried connecting it to the computer to backup some data but I could not and again, no charging light.

After viewing other threads, I saw a youtube video for a master reset but I had the same problem with the backlight coming on with nothing on the screen so I couldn't even tell if I made it to the 3 android screen (not sure if only on root). I am running out of ideas to test and what to do next as nothing seems to be working. As of now, my only option is to switch to another phone. Is there anyway this problem can be resolved?

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Take out the battery of your phone. Put it back in. Hold down the Volume Down and the Power button in that order. Wait about 20 seconds. Then hit the power button again. Hook your phone up to the PC. Run the RUU.

Sent from my HTC One unfortunately from NSA, I mean, Verizon that is now unlocked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs