Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default so lost and in need of help....

so I went thru and unlocked bootloader and then I flashed twrp and have superuser installed now my question is is how do I upgrade my operating system im stuck on 4.0.3 and would love to have the most compatible/user friendly operating system so any suggestions would be awesome and possibly a guide of how to install the new system on the phone. I am a rooting noob. from what I have seen jellybean 4.1.3 looks to be doing the best until kitkat is available so any help would be much appreciated. I had previously followed the guide here --> HTC Vivid 4.0.3 root help
    and had the wcx imp installed but couldn't get anywhere there also so if anyone can help explain how to upgrade it I would be forever in your debt.

Global Posts
    198 Global Posts

Default Re: so lost and in need of help....

Quote Originally Posted by bowhunter3d View Post
    so I went thru and unlocked bootloader and then I flashed twrp and have superuser installed now my question is is how do I upgrade my operating system im stuck on 4.0.3 and would love to have the most compatible/user friendly operating system so any suggestions would be awesome and possibly a guide of how to install the new system on the phone. I am a rooting noob. from what I have seen jellybean 4.1.3 looks to be doing the best until kitkat is available so any help would be much appreciated. I had previously followed the guide here --> HTC Vivid 4.0.3 root help
    and had the wcx imp installed but couldn't get anywhere there also so if anyone can help explain how to upgrade it I would be forever in your debt.
    Since your BL is unlocked you can flash almost anything .
    Get the desired RUU and flash it...

Carrier
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

Default Re: so lost and in need of help....

Quote Originally Posted by bowhunter3d View Post
    WCX recovery is a lot more stable for the Vivid than the TWRP, I got spoiled with WCX. Also, there are CM 10 builds.

Sent from my HTC One unfortunately from NSA, I mean, Verizon that is now unlocked.