Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    208 Global Posts

Default htc holiday rumored at&t device

Pocketnow reports on a htc device coming to at&t called holiday. It has a 4.5 inch screen, two 8 megapixel cameras on the back, 1.3 up front along with 1.2ghz dual core processor, 1gb of RAM and qHD screen. I am assuming this is going to be a 3D device since it has the 2 cameras around back.

dang too much fun for att

Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

4.5 in. God dang, I would probably buy it but I couldn't deal with that screen size.
    Devices Past to Present
    • Blackberry Bold 9000
    • HTC Aria
    • Samsung Captivate
    • Google Nexus S
    • Moto Xoom

Quote Originally Posted by tcfreak20 View Post
    Pocketnow reports on a htc device coming to at&t called holiday. It has a 4.5 inch screen, two 8 megapixel cameras on the back, 1.3 up front along with 1.2ghz dual core processor, 1gb of RAM and qHD screen. I am assuming this is going to be a 3D device since it has the 2 cameras around back.
    are you sure on the two cameras in the back? i read that there will be one in the back and one in the front.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    208 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by naveen View Post
    are you sure on the two cameras in the back? i read that there will be one in the back and one in the front.
    Yeah, sorry about that. It is one camera on the back. I read it wrong!

And the Holiday will be AT&T LTE capable, so I don't see this to be coming out in the near future. It will be good to see how fast AT&T's Real 4G works, and I like HTC. I've been a bit confused, when I have seen 1.2ghz dual core on several phones. Are they referring to each processor 1.2ghz, or is the 2 processors combined add up to 1.2ghz? Just an off the topic question
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    208 Global Posts

I am pretty sure it is 1.2ghz for each processor so that would be 2.4ghz of total proccessing power.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by tcfreak20 View Post
    I am pretty sure it is 1.2ghz for each processor so that would be 2.4ghz of total proccessing power.
    i still remember my first computer eing 500mhz. It was $4000 at circuit city.
    Jonneh and ajonesma like this.

Nice! I'm glad i decided to wait on the Samsung infuse. this will be bought on day one of release.

Global Posts
    832 Global Posts
    ROM
    Buglessbeast/Stock

Sounds like the first wave of LTE devices are coming. Sure seems like exciting times for you AT&T subscribers; not so much for us Verizon subscribers.
    So many phones, so little time.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Global Posts
    208 Global Posts

Only if they would slim the screen sizes down a little. I'm not what you would call a big guy.

I'm 6'11 and welcome the larger screen devices, I'm using the IPhone 4 and find it to be too small.

I currently use captivate at 4inches
    id gladly go for 4.3 but im not sure about 4.5

Global Posts
    903 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP JB

I'm glad At&t got this phone and T-Mobile got the Sensation but am also kind of mad because I think this should have been Sprint's unique phone and not have follow-ups to that on different carriers. It was fine with the follow-ups with the OG Evo because the Evo was out for almost a year. But now it's only going to be what? A couple months before they get their own version?

Note: Not trying to offend anyone, just saying my own opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Officerpolabear View Post
    I'm glad At&t got this phone and T-Mobile got the Sensation but am also kind of mad because I think this should have been Sprint's unique phone and not have follow-ups to that on different carriers. It was fine with the follow-ups with the OG Evo because the Evo was out for almost a year. But now it's only going to be what? A couple months before they get their own version?

Note: Not trying to offend anyone, just saying my own opinion
    Evo 3d will likely be the only 3d version
    if it was only the evo the evo brand would be better but htc would suffer because they would get trampled by most consumers on other networks
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Global Posts
    208 Global Posts

I am 5' 7'' (i know, im short haha) and i have held both a 4.3'' device and the Infuse and i have found the 4.3'' to be a better fit for my little hands.

Global Posts
    903 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP JB

Quote Originally Posted by _Zguy__ View Post
    Evo 3d will likely be the only 3d version
    if it was only the evo the evo brand would be better but htc would suffer because they would get trampled by most consumers on other networks
    Yes, but if you ignore the 3D, the only differentiating feature of the Evo 3D, then they are all identical. But I do have to agree, that is a good point why HTC made this move; I remember when a lot of people were mad that the Evo wasn't on their network haha.

I hope this phone has the new sense and comes out soon.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Global Posts
    208 Global Posts

New sense would be great I would also like to see the new HTC watch that is being shipped on the sensation.

seems like its pretty certain this is in fact a real device coming. rumors are this summer it will be out. any other finds regarding release date?
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

And how about for the HTC Lead? It was announce along with the Holiday and seems to be very comparable to the Sensation. Any news on that?
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Global Posts
    208 Global Posts

I have heard for a summer release of the Holiday too. Hopefully the name doesn't mean we have to wait till the holidays. :P The specs are similar to the inspire I believe with one of the differences being a 1.2 ghz dual core.

bigger screen and resolution, dual core, ffc, gingerbread, LTE, etc. blows the inspire awayyy
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Global Posts
    208 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zmagrini View Post
    bigger screen and resolution, dual core, ffc, gingerbread, LTE, etc. blows the inspire awayyy
    Yes good sir, it does and i'm liking the sounds of it.

i wish this would come out sooner. theres no official word on it yet and i was hoping it would come around july. bummer. i need a new phone by july 1. i guess its the atrix although i really like htc..
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast