Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Default Re: [TUTORIAL][S-OFF] Virgin Mobile CDMA S-OFF Without XTC-Clip C

I'm having a problem creating a goldcard, every time I try to format the sdcard it says the format has stopped working unexpectedly. I have tried three different cards a 2gb scandisk, a 8gb dane-elec, and a 2gb samsung non of them are working....i turned on debugging and put the usb connection on the phone to disk drive....I'm using window vista home basic. I would be grateful to anyone that lend help in this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmy583 View Post
    Got it to work.

I switched to another SD card and started fresh with all the GoldCard crap-haha.

I used 2fast4u88's script, though. It failed after several tries with the original SD, but worked on the first try with the new SD.

Maybe the SD cards I used up to this point were no good for this procedure because I can't think of a thing I could've done differently.

If anyone is still having problems, I got this now-haha. Maybe I can help.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

so what is that you did to make it work

ROM
    Cyanogenmod 7.2 "alpha"

Worked great, thank you for the info

anyone else having issues with the sd card dismounting randomly after rooting?

Quote Originally Posted by ddulak View Post
    so what is that you did to make it work

Essentially, I think switching to another sd card is what caused the process to succeed. Can't confirm it, though.

I used 2fast4u88's program (available in another post on this forum). I simply followed those instructions after switching sd cards. I should've repeated the process as outlined in this post instead of switching, as it would've shed some light on the sd card issue, but I was sick of repeating the same steps. Not a great reason, but I was getting frustrated.

I went through all the GoldCard jazz. When running the program, you don't have to install the DIAG files that we seemed to be hung up on-they're installed by the program itself.

Check out 2fast4u88's post in this forum and give it a try. However, like I said, my sd card may have made all the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by ingzane View Post
    I'm having a problem creating a goldcard, every time I try to format the sdcard it says the format has stopped working unexpectedly. I have tried three different cards a 2gb scandisk, a 8gb dane-elec, and a 2gb samsung non of them are working....i turned on debugging and put the usb connection on the phone to disk drive....I'm using window vista home basic. I would be grateful to anyone that lend help in this issue.
    Try right-clicking on SimpleGoldCard.exe, then Troubleshoot Compatibility. Let Windows try to detect compatibility issues. When it's done with that, select the first option in the next window that opens (Recommended...). The next window should say something like:

"Settings applied:
    Windows XP mode (Sevice Pack 2)"

Hope that helps.

I need to know the following information for my completion of a successful S-off for my Virgin mobile Wildfire S thats runs 2.3.4 firmware (gingerbread):

1).Can i get new files for the S-off?
    (when itry to open the pg76diag.rar file on my computer... it says that it appears to be broken on damaged/ thus when it scans my goldcard for it, it says NO IMG or WRONG IMG! and i believe it couldnt find it on my phone because it is a damaged file

2.) Is there any confirmed cases where it works on a virgin mobile wildfire s running 2.3.4?

3.) Also i updated my phone, will that somehow interfere with this process?

4.) If i already created a goldcard, do i have to keep remaking a gold card? (i did that too lol)

*I would prefer these questions be answered by people that have done things via trial and error and know what they are talking about. P.S. Why havent i seen one YouTube tut on this particular S-Off for Virgin Mobile?? (: my email is also bryantbrandon582@gmail.com

ROM
    Cyanogenmod 7.2 "alpha"

I have it working on this phone with no problem. Just make sure to use the 2gb card that came with the phone to make you "gold" card. Too many are having problems with odd-ball names cards and not getting it to work. Just follow the link below to do it.

[WIP][KERNEL][ROM] Wildfire S Virgin Mobile USA

Sent from my HTC_A510c using Tapatalk

Will This work on T-Mobile wildfire s 2.3.3 it has a sim card sorry i am a noob

ROM
    Cyanogenmod 7.2 "alpha"

Quote Originally Posted by recboy View Post
    Will This work on T-Mobile wildfire s 2.3.3 it has a sim card sorry i am a noob
    No, only for VM phones

Sent from my HTC_A510c using Tapatalk

It keeps failing to get CIDs.):

why do i get this error, after doing up to all steps and extracting to sd. on hboot i fail. please help, message i get: parsing.. [pg76diag.nbh] [1] mfg diag. security fail, update fail.

Having trouble with the goldcard, I have downloaded DIAG Files.rar with nothing, I did download the file from above. I'm not getting PG76DIAG.nbh or PG76DIAG.zip, do i have to search for them? The DIAG file has a Microsoft media player, for icon is this wright?

My Phone info is: HTC wildfire s, Carrier is VM. Software info: Adroid Version 2.3.4, HTC sense version 2.1, software number 1.02.652.00. PRI version: 1.25_144, PRL version 61007.

I'm a noob when it comes to rooting, I would like to turn the phone into a hotspot, and most of all remove bloatware and free up some room on the phone.

Thank you and sorry I'm a noob!
    Crispy2104

I have followed all the steps successfully, and when i boot into HBOOT its starts to update, then it says "Update fail!" Any Ideas?

Worked like a charm! Thanks!!

ROM
    2.6.35.10-g9d97ecb

OMG! i cannot explain how much of a relief it is to finally have s-off on my phone. i have literally been at it for 2 weeks and have watched so many videos and read so many threads but you my friend made it noob easy and i cannot thank you enough for real. THANK YOU A MILLION TIMES

This is very good tutorial, very much informative.

ROM
    IHO backside cm7.2

gold card creator fails at format any ideas why or how to fix

I have problem ,stock on ''Jumping to DIAG''
    Resident idiot

Global Posts
    945 Global Posts
    ROM
    Harmonia 3, Stock

revskills CID henerator down
    Galaxy S3 (d2vzw): CM11
    LG Optimus V: TVALL ICS
    Motorola Droid: CM10
    Sero 7 Pro: davemper CM11

Default Re: [TUTORIAL][S-OFF] Virgin Mobile CDMA S-OFF Without XTC-Clip Confi

Hi
    Can Any buddy guide. i have tried to S -OFF but it get hanged on the jumping to DIAG what to do further ??? i have removed the battery but still the S - ON what should i Do..

Sorry for my English Guys Need Help.

What a great tutorial. Worked like a charm. Thanks for taking the time to put this together; you rock!

Global Posts
    822 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 2.3.7/ tvall kernel

thanks for this noob friendly guide, very thankful

Sent from my HTC_A510c using Tapatalk 2
    IF I Help You In Any Way Please Push The Thanks Button [HL]It Feels Good To Know You Helped!![/HL]
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12