[WIP][KERNEL][ROM] Wildfire S Virgin Mobile USA
10-11-2012 02:44 AM
- Hey Simon, Have you read up on this flash , he claims it is fixed the camera and all [Unofficial Cyanogenmod 7.2.0-RC0-marvel-KANG]
IF you have does it work ok with the VM phone? If it does,could u use parts of the code to achive what your after?
I have wanted to try it but not sure if it would work as they say it does
blzr02-28-2012 09:29 PM
also, about an hour ago i looked at the reviews of the WFS on virgin mobile's website, and suprisingly theres a TON of people on there having the same problem as me with the touchscreen, idk why i never decided to look there before (not that it helps me figure out what the problem is or how to fix it) but it is kind of nice knowing that its a quite well-known issue with the phone.
anyway, i might end up trying to get a replacement phone, but im trying to decide whether its worth it or not, i mean, after the touch starts working, it runs exactly as it should. the main problem is trying to hang up a phone call, or trying to get to my voicemail. (having to put in the passcode when the screen wont respond) Lastnight i almost...and i mean alllmost threw it out the window on the highway when it wouldnt respond to any touch while trying to answer a important phone call, but i managed to keep my wits about me and spare its life...for now02-28-2012 09:36 PM
- Just in case no one mentioned this yet (I didn't look through every page for obvious reasons) but htc has now released their own factory method to get s-off. You will still however have to root your phone, but 2fast's electrifypermroot works just fine for that. Simple. Easy.
HTC's s-off guide It's a bit more hands on, but it works. also posted this on 2fasts thread
Hope this helps. sidenote on htc's method, one step says you have to update software (select carrier and file blah blah) I'm using virgin mobile us, but on the list the 'virgin mobile' file didnt work, but the sprint VM file did. still have network access and everything.03-09-2012 11:10 PM
- is simonsimons34 the only person who has ever successfully modded a VMUS Wildfire S? ... No disrespect intended, but I've followed his steps and succeded only in rooting the phone, none of the ROMs work... and This is the only article on the subject I can find, though I've found the same exact article, with the same exact mistakes on about 5 different websites...
Anyone else at all?
There have got to be some ROM downloads somewhere...04-01-2012 06:08 PM
- I've been busy with school guys but I have awesome things to share.
First is my Htc Unlock Utility- Unlock any HTC phone without voiding warranty and with the ability to relock
Second is my Htc unlock Utility - has more features than meet the eye for the wildfires
third- over on xda they completed cm9 for GSM wildfires. I look to do that for CDMA soon.
Forth- Making lots of progress on cm7 (just dont have the time really)
fifth- i now have paypal.
If you like this, find it helpful, or want to support me please donate. Just follow these directions.
1) Be Logged-In to PayPal
2) Go to: https://www.paypal.com/sendmoney?ema...simons34.co.cc
2a) If that didnt work and fill out the E-Mail please, use firstname.lastname@example.org and select the way your sending as a GIFT
3) Enter the amount you want to give, Select personal, and Gift
4) Hit Continue and follow any of PayPal's Steps
5) Make sure that if asked, the receiving user DOES NOT Have to be verified.04-10-2012 11:43 PM
- Thanks sooooooo much! Easy to follow directions which took my useless garbage filled phone to a usable, worthwhile piece of technology. Having a bit of trouble with Mini tool Partition Wizard though. I can't seem to get the second partition to be recognized by Link2Sd. I'll work on it again tomorrow and post the outcome.
Thanks again!05-06-2012 10:45 PM
- Hello all, I am having some troubles getting root on my phone. I got the goldcard/S-OFF without a problem. But cannot attain root. I am using the superonclick you have provided but it locks up on step 7 says waiting on device. I have searched this thread for countless hours trying different things i.e.. fastboot on/off htcsync service disabled.06-04-2012 06:37 AM
- you have to download a root.zip file and a pg76img.zip file or something like that. and plug your phone in disk drive mode and drag them to your sd card. then boot your phone into fastboot mode and it should start downloading the files you put in and eventually take you to recovery mode. then in recovery mode you go to install zip files from sd card, just find the root.zip file click it it will ask if youre sure then you say yes and after its all done YOU HAVE A ROOTED PHONE. i was looking for days trying to do this and finally did it this way.if you have troubles just pm me06-09-2012 11:26 AM
- More Android Goodness
- The Archives
- Android Central Archives
- HTC Wildfire S
[WIP][KERNEL][ROM] Wildfire S Virgin Mobile USA
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD